I like the humor above here. Yes it's not Backstreets. 

But I do enjoy Outlaw Pete, especially Live. 

Again, I'm more into the music than the lyrics.  

• Like 4

Yes, Frankie Fell in Love.....from Bruce's last great Rock n Roll album! 

2 hours ago, The Chicken Man said:

Can you hear me:D

jesus what was he thinking:D

not exactly backstreets is it

And thank god for that—we already have one "Backstreets" (and thank the FSM for that), and how embarrassing would it be for him (and us!) if 60-year-old him tried to write a song like 26-year-old him did?

• Like 3

Outlaw Pete is a good song. It's a classic Bruce song when it comes to the theme. Personally, I've never taken the lyrics literally. The Live in Hyde Park live version is so awesome it knocked me off my feet the first time I heard it! 

• Like 9

Outlaw Pete is at least a rocking tune. Better than 90% of the stuff he’s put out in the last decade or so.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Would love to hear it again on the next ESB tour.

OK, your post went one sentence to long. :P

• Like 1

Outlaw Pete? Didn't we do this to death?

Obviously we need a new album.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I like the humor above here. Yes it's not Backstreets. 

But I do enjoy Outlaw Pete, especially Live. 

Again, I'm more into the music than the lyrics.  

Exactly, what I think about this song - just epic sentiments,  not a too deep scatching in the surface.

I enyoyed it live and do it from time to time on the London Calling DVD (you still can skip it and move directly to the great performace of No Surrender, if so...) 

• Like 2

I wanted to say something meaningful about Outlaw Pete, so I listened to the Uniondale 2009 show, looking for inspiration. :)

Can't say anything other that I think Outlaw Pete would be an awesome name for a cat.

• Haha 5

And that Wrestler is just amazing..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, *Janey* said:

Outlaw Pete is a good song. It's a classic Bruce song when it comes to the theme. Personally, I've never taken the lyrics literally. The Live in Hyde Park live version is so awesome it knocked me off my feet the first time I heard it! 

Its one of those songs that becomes larger than life live

Its epic on Hyde park 

So much fun 

And its a pleasant lesson on the album

Not every song has to be about hanging on by your finger nails 

Sometimes its just about fun

Its taken me a long time to realize this

• Like 6

5 hours ago, gus said:

Jertucky what is eating you?

Reality, I guess. 
The last studio album was an embarrassment to me. The one before that wasn’t really an album as much as a collection of songs from the Island of misfit songs. The one before that was pretty good. The one before that one was not so great, and the one before that is one of his best. I love his music to death. I want him to sound somewhat passionate again but I’m afraid it might be beyond him at this point, which is completely understandable for a 70 year old man. 

• Love Love Love! 2

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Its one of those songs that :lol:becomes larger than life live

Its epic on Hyde park 

So much fun 

And its a pleasant lesson on the album

Not every song has to be about hanging on by your finger nails 

Sometimes its just about fun

Its taken me a long time to realize this

Major typo sorry guys:lol:

Makes noooo sence to me now 

Don't even know what lesson was surposed to be :lol:

6 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Major typo sorry guys:lol:

Makes noooo sence to me now 

Don't even know what lesson was surposed to be :lol:

I've been reading your posts for years - so much so that it made perfect sense to me. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I've been reading your posts for years - so much so that it made perfect sense to me. :D

Thank you Aunty 

45102896-two-happy-little-girl-is-going-on-a-field-of-daisies-black-and-white-.jpg

• Hug 1

I like the song. My only gripe is that it doesn't quite work as the album opener, I feel a different placement (or different album?) would have suited the song better. WOAD is a pretty serious album overall about aging, and I'm not sure why an 8 minute joke song is the opening track (I do really like the song though, especially live)

• Like 5

it belongs, for me, in the ok once or twice heard ok but just dosent grab me,  not to mention the fact that on that tour i saw 7 concerts and it was played on every one, yes i know thats my choice but also I never heard 7 songs that were on WOAD, which did annoy me at the time

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Reality, I guess. 
The last studio album was an embarrassment to me. The one before that wasn’t really an album as much as a collection of songs from the Island of misfit songs. The one before that was pretty good. The one before that one was not so great, and the one before that is one of his best. I love his music to death. I want him to sound somewhat passionate again but I’m afraid it might be beyond him at this point, which is completely understandable for a 70 year old man. 

Well, Dylan has produced a stormer, aged seventy nine. I understand Cohen did too, in his seventies. Tom Waits hasn't put a foot wrong in decades so I'm sure he's still got a great record in him. No reason for Bruce not to have a great record left to give

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Well, Dylan has produced a stormer, aged seventy nine. I understand Cohen did too, in his seventies. Tom Waits hasn't put a foot wrong in decades so I'm sure he's still got a great record in him. No reason for Bruce not to have a great record left to give

I certainly hope so. He’s got to mine some new territory.