Greasy Lake Community

Remembering the summer of 2003

2003-07-15 - GIANTS STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

Soundcheck: YOU'RE MISSING / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) (small snippet)

BORN IN THE U.S.A. / THE RISING / LONESOME DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / EMPTY SKY / YOU'RE MISSING / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / SHERRY DARLING / WORLDS APART / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / MARY'S PLACE / THE RIVER / INTO THE FIRE / NO SURRENDER / THUNDER ROAD / BOBBY JEAN / RAMROD / BORN TO RUN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / MY CITY OF RUINS / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / ROSALITA (COME OUT TONIGHT) / DANCING IN THE DARK

Start of the now legendary ten night stand at Giants Stadium. "Born In The U.S.A." is solo acoustic; the tour's final "The River" is full band. "Mary's Place" includes "The Monkey Time", "You Sexy Thing", and "Baby, I've Been Missing You".

• Like 3

I have no idea why (especially since I love 7/27, 8/30 - my favourite from the stand and arguably my favourite ever Giants Stadium show - and 8/31) but my first thought whenever NJ 2003 is mentioned is always that Saturday night show.

Yes, 7/26, and the mood-killer inclusion of “My Hometown”. 

Still, the summer of 2003 was when I got addicted to downloading every new tape that surfaced. I was only 15 at the time so had no chance of going to these shows, but I had an absolute blast of a summer! 

• Like 1

Can we appreciate our sole tour Archive Release in this thread too?

It isn't always on rotation on my Apple Music, but I thoroughly enjoy it every time I hoy it on. This "Dancing in the Dark" mightn't be on the level of Barcelona 2002 for me personally, but it's still an absolute joy. 

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/10/06/new-from-the-springsteen-archive-helsinki-june-16th-2003/

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Marnix said:

I really hope that one day the technical difficulties are fixed and we get more The Rising shows!!

A double shot of the last two nights (GS 9 & 10) would be very nice :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It isn't always on rotation on my Apple Music, but I thoroughly enjoy it every time I hoy it on. This "Dancing in the Dark" mightn't be on the level of Barcelona 2002 for me personally, but it's still an absolute joy. 

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/10/06/new-from-the-springsteen-archive-helsinki-june-16th-2003/

Clarence sounds great in the solo (throughout the show in fact) but to me that’s a sloppy sounding version of DITD. Helsinki 2003 is my least played of the ESB releases through NUGS - Rising Tour remains the one Tour I regularly dip into the bootleg archive for...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PattyC said:

Daisy, not many of these people post anymore.  

Andrew is there leaning on the tree and Judy is sitting...in the orange (pink?) sleeveless shirt. 

It was a fun group we had in the early days of the lake. 

That's so sad 

How can we get some of these MIA peeps back ?

Is Welby and Billy in your photo ?

28 minutes ago, PattyC said:

1C2960EE-37C3-4B8C-9AC9-A68C78F18126.jpeg

A lot of hot laker chickies and of course fire rich and I... good times

the 27th was my favourite show as I drew 15 in the lottery and several hot laker chickies tried to rip the wristband off me

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PattyC said:

Daisy, not many of these people post anymore.  

Andrew is there leaning on the tree and Judy is sitting...in the orange (pink?) sleeveless shirt. 

It was a fun group we had in the early days of the lake. 

Are Judy and I the only ones left standing/posting damn I am in elite company

took the year off to follow the band... boy 2003 was a great year

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

That's so sad 

How can we get some of these MIA peeps back ?

Is Welby and Billy in your photo ?

No, Billy was not there and Mark was there either the day before or after this picture was taken...not this day. 

• Like 2

Took our 8 year old son to his first Bruce show on 7-24. He rode the Ferris Wheel in the parking lot and was very excited when he saw Clarence. Clarence was also the last thing he saw as he fell asleep during the Sax solo on Jungleland. 

My 7th ESB show and 11th Bruce show. My first She's The One and No Surrender which made it a memorable show.  I also recall it was the first show in 3 or 4 where it didn't rain. It was a beautiful summer night. 

I was one of the people disappointed by the show on the 26th. It was my first Adam Raised a Cain. He opened with it. That was my highlight.

• Like 4