The Album Collection Vol. 2, 1987-1996 (2018) ?

Hey,i`m a newbie so forgive me if this is old topic/news.
Why is this a japan only cd release,any good reason for it?
And most important: Is there a reason I should get a import copy?
Is the sound on ...lets say...Tunnel Of Love....noticable better vs the
standard standalone cd release of the album? 
Thanks in advance.

16 hours ago, Bruce1984_85 said:

Hey,i`m a newbie so forgive me if this is old topic/news.
Why is this a japan only cd release,any good reason for it?
And most important: Is there a reason I should get a import copy?
Is the sound on ...lets say...Tunnel Of Love....noticable better vs the
standard standalone cd release of the album? 
Thanks in advance.

No idea why it was not rolled out worldwide apart from the fact CD sales are lower in the download era. But then that doesn’t make sense either as you can’t download the volume remasters either yet as far as I know. 
I bought the import set and I’m very happy with the sound upgrade. It’s not as significant as the volume 1 remasters but still a more than noticeable improvement. You mentioned Tunnel of Love and it is most definitely better sound quality than my original CD. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Welcome to the Lake.

I have the Volume 1. box set on CD. The second volume on CD is still very high on my bucket list, and the main reason I want it is for the remastered version of TOL...

• Like 1

I made this observation before, but it seems odd that the albums from the vinyl era were remastered and made available digitally, while the albums from the digital era were remastered and made available on vinyl.  (Referring to the Album Collection Vol 2 in the US.)

• Like 2
On 7/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, Bruce1984_85 said:

Thanks for replies.
However I got a lot of info over at Stevehoffmans message Board as it had a long topic dedicated to this release.

Would you mind sharing a link please? I love the SHF but I tend to forget to look there...

• Like 1

By the way I did buy the Album Collection Vol 2 on CD through Amazon (Japanese import).

The sound is ok, but my copy of “Human Touch” had a flaw: there was this crappy song called “Real Man” that just ruined the experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

By the way I did buy the Album Collection Vol 2 on CD through Amazon (Japanese import).

The sound is ok, but my copy of “Human Touch” had a flaw: there was this crappy song called “Real Man” that just ruined the experience.

Sensitive ??:D

• Like 1
1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

there was this crappy song called “Real Man” that just ruined the experience.

There was this crappy song called 'Pony Boy', the nadir of Bruce Springsteen's career, that just ruined the experience.

(Well not really; just listen to the first 11 songs, really enjoyable and sometimes great)

Must say Silver Palomino comes close too; but at least for that song you can imagine it maybe could have been a better song without that horrible vocal.

(Meanwhile waiting for The Gus Police to arrive)

• Like 1
On 7/20/2020 at 8:04 AM, Lampi said:

There was this crappy song called 'Pony Boy', the nadir of Bruce Springsteen's career, that just ruined the experience.

(Well not really; just listen to the first 11 songs, really enjoyable and sometimes great)

Must say Silver Palomino comes close too; but at least for that song you can imagine it maybe could have been a better song without that horrible vocal.

(Meanwhile waiting for The Gus Police to arrive)

Not a fan of the o'rses ?

• Like 1