Still hoping that they release this show through the archive series 

• Like 3

The filming was done by East German TV so doesn't evidence the show being recorded. I fear the  effort involved in taking a recording truck into East Berlin at the time may have prevented multi-track recording. I'd love to be wrong as the historical value alone makes this show worthy of release.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The filming was done by East German TV so doesn't evidence the show being recorded.

And considering how they 'censored' Bruce's monologue prior to "Chimes of Freedom", you'd think there might be some hesitation about releasing this in its entirety to the public?

I cannot imagine the TOL tour was 32 years ago. 

The Archive releases have brought it back to me. The themes of that show still resonate with me. Loss, self doubt, learning to accept the ties that bind. I will play Detroit today and know that this music got me through my darkest ride.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I cannot imagine the TOL tour was 32 years ago. 

The Archive releases have brought it back to me. The themes of that show still resonate with me. Loss, self doubt, learning to accept the ties that bind. I will play Detroit today and know that this music got me through my darkest ride.

I've been playing the LA show for the last week and I'm still discovering new connections in the songs after all these years it's been available. 

I also love how Bruce essentially built the core sequence (or one of them) of the show using two outtakes in "Seeds" and "Roulette". 

• Like 1

Didn't I read somewhere that Bruce pulled a "The Doors" trick at this show? 

Wasn't he told he could play there, but couldn't play Born in the USA, and said yes, and then played it anyway?