Sad times, I knew it was coming from the twitter info but still very sad. 

34 years, and many great Bruce (and others)  features too.  Used to buy this a lot, but not so much recently.  

Very good (maybe not great) in the 80s and 90s.

Apart from always giving most attention to 'mainstream music' (the better mainstream music), it was also always a very British magazine; but I think the last 20 years or so it became less and less interesting for non-UK readers (judging from the few issues I still bought at the newsstand, 1 or 2 times a year; some years in the 90s I always bought it except 1 or 2 times a year! ).

(And of course Q was the magazine which gave Human Touch a 5-star review! Must be about the only review of HT-LT at the time which rated Human Touch higher than Lucky Town!).

Edit: by coïncidence I said something similar about Rolling Stone only a few days ago: RS became less and less interesting for non-USA readers over the years. For both very true, sadly.

• Like 1

The way of the world now, sadly.

Printed periodicals will soon be a thing of the past.

Word (or The Word) was my last subscription, since it folded I don't think I've bought a magazine regularly.

I subscribed to Q for many years, but they moved with the musical times and I didn't!

I still get Mojo, even though I just skim through it. They're still stuck a bit in the past, along with me.

• Like 2

At one stage I used to buy Q, Mojo and Uncut religiously every month. Now, with the import costs, they are about 200 bucks each. I buy an Uncut one a year or so, but haven't bought a Q or Mojo in years. Still very sad to see it go though.