Hello Stefan and welcome to GreasyLake!! 

You have been on an amazing journey so far and the thrill to discover all those new things must be very exciting!

I see you have already discovered Bruce's greatest work (Incident, Lost in the flood, racing, backstreets) so you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

I didn't see it listed in your post, so I will just recommend that you listen to Winterland 1978, (one of the) greatest show ever!!

And nice to see a fellow Dutch person! Goedemiddag :) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wout said:

You have been on an amazing journey so far and the thrill to discover all those new things must be very exciting!

I see you have already discovered Bruce's greatest work (Incident, Lost in the flood, racing, backstreets) so you'll fit right in with the rest of us.

I didn't see it listed in your post, so I will just recommend that you listen to Winterland 1978, (one of the) greatest show ever!!

You Dutch lot all really seem to love "Lost in the Flood" don't you? ;)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Wout said:

Hi Wout, goedemiddag!

Thank you for the welcome (and that of Paolo's too!). Yes, it is exciting. There is so much and nothing is the same. I have both Winterland shows and I love 'em! I remember having had a bootleg of the December 15th show about 10-15 years ago, but could hardly get into any of the songs back then. Luckily, this has changed. My favorite shows from the archive that I have bought (55 now) are the 2 Passaic shows from September 1978. Being an Elvis fan I really like that Bruce did so many covers of his songs, but that opening 'Good Rockin' Tonight' on September 20th has to be the best cover of an Elvis song ever and it's also one of the best openings of any concert I have heard so far. It's simply amazing, as I almost anything Bruce has done. 

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now, but I only recently decided to sign up, so it feels like I know you guys already a little. I'm currently also reading the 'Born To Run' autobiography and it is a great fun read. I love the storytelling Bruce during the concerts (and certain songs) very much and I also love how the stories change over the years (like with 'Growin' Up' and 'Pretty Flamingo'). I've seen also a normal biography (don't remember the title) so i might get that one too. 

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

9 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

You Dutch lot all really seem to love "Lost in the Flood" don't you? ;)

It did take me some time though. Then I recently bought the Ghötenburg #2 archive release and ... again there was the click. From there I started listening to the '70s versions and found those even better. Now, it's one my favorite songs. But so are 'Incident On 57th Street', 'Drive All Night', 'Kitty's Back', It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City' and many others. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

Hi Wout, goedemiddag!

Thank you for the welcome (and that of Paolo's too!). Yes, it is exciting. There is so much and nothing is the same. I have both Winterland shows and I love 'em! I remember having had a bootleg of the December 15th show about 10-15 years ago, but could hardly get into any of the songs back then. Luckily, this has changed. My favorite shows from the archive that I have bought (55 now) are the 2 Passaic shows from September 1978. Being an Elvis fan I really like that Bruce did so many covers of his songs, but that opening 'Good Rockin' Tonight' on September 20th has to be the best cover of an Elvis song ever and it's also one of the best openings of any concert I have heard so far. It's simply amazing, as I almost anything Bruce has done. 

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now, but I only recently decided to sign up, so it feels like I know you guys already a little. I'm currently also reading the 'Born To Run' autobiography and it is a great fun read. I love the storytelling Bruce during the concerts (and certain songs) very much and I also love how the stories change over the years (like with 'Growin' Up' and 'Pretty Flamingo'). I've seen also a normal biography (don't remember the title) so i might get that one too. 

Spot on with those Passaic nights. In fact, everything was great in 1978!!

Anyway your Elvis talk reminded me of the following cover. I think it might just be my favorite Elvis cover he ever did. I also love to watch the video, Bruce his energy is just amazing and unmatched by any other artist. For me (and to many others as well), Bruce is the greatest live performer ever. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

3 minutes ago, Wout said:

Anyway your Elvis talk reminded me of the following cover. I think it might just be my favorite Elvis cover he ever did. I also love to watch the video, Bruce his energy is just amazing and unmatched by any other artist. For me (and to many others as well), Bruce is the greatest live performer ever. 

2:42 - 2:47 B)B)B)B)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wout said:

Yes, that's the only 2014 show I have and I too love that version of 'Burning Love'. For me, so far, both Elvis and Bruce share the 'greatest live performer' tag. Both for many different reasons though. I've downloaded some Bruce DVD's lately (and watched a lot on youtube) and his interaction with the audiences is truly amazing. It is also amazing Bruce and the band are able to play almost anything! 

• Like 2

Have you brought cake?

4304405.jpg

• Like 5

@BossfanNL welcome to the club Stefan!!

nice to see your are also Knopfler and Clapton fan. Is it possible that you are posting on the forum A Mark in Time?

• Like 1

Welcome!

I have many Dutch friends up in Freisland, horse people.

For the intersection of Bruce and Elvis, the covers he did in the 2d half of the BITUSA tour of Can't Help Falling in Love are hard to top.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Have you brought cake?

Yes. Didn't you see it at the entrance? Should have brought a bigger one as it seems it's gone already. 

• Sad 3

49 minutes ago, Marnix said:

@BossfanNL welcome to the club Stefan!!

nice to see your are also Knopfler and Clapton fan. Is it possible that you are posting on the forum A Mark in Time?

I have posted there, although it is a long, long time ago. I forgot my password years ago and never gotten around to register again although I did visit and read the forum during the 2015 & 2019 tours. I did see Mark 8 times live and would have seen Clapton this past June for the first time. Obviously, Clapton didn't happen because of Covid-19. If all goes well I will see him now in June 2021. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JimCT said:

Welcome!

I have many Dutch friends up in Freisland, horse people.

For the intersection of Bruce and Elvis, the covers he did in the 2d half of the BITUSA tour of Can't Help Falling in Love are hard to top.

Bruce does a fantastic job on all Elvis covers in my opinion. The 'Love Me Tender' from March 1988 was a big surprise. Never knew he did that one too. My favorites are 'Good Rockin' Tonight', 'Jailhouse Rock' and 'Burning Love'. I was recently going though the pages of this forum and saw a youtube clip of 'All Shook Up' which was another one I had no idea of that Bruce had performed it.  Thank you for the welcome and the clip. Had not seen that before! Nice story before it although Bruce is mistaken as he played the 'Ellis Auditorium' on April 29th 1976, not 1975. I listened to the soundboard of that show just the past week going/coming from work. 

• Like 2

Welcome!It was this video from The Netherlands that really opened my eyes to Bruce early on in my fandom,and remains my favourite version of Spirit.

Spirit in The Night @ Pinkpop,2012.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

9 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Have you brought cake?

4304405.jpg

And..

Orange-Cinnamon-Whisky-Smash-2.thumb.jpg.5418c3ed8daed94a69f7f2811ffb4a0a.jpg

Welcome to the Lake, this will all make since the longer to stay.

• Like 2

Welcome Stefan

We are so you have joined us

I love Bruce's guitar playing 

Im asuming as you have both winterland shows you must be a huge fan of the 78 intro 

I too missed the river tour so i feel your pain 

Do you enjoy a looooong kitty ?

downloadfile-187.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Welcome Stefan

We are so you have joined us

Im asuming as you have both winterland shows you must be a huge fan of the 78 intro 

I too missed the river tour so i feel your pain 

Do you enjoy a looooong kitty ?

downloadfile-187.jpg

The longer the better ! 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Yes, the '78 guitar intro to 'Prove It All Night' is fabulous.  Incidentally, yesterday I saw on Youtube 'Because The Night' from Largo 1978 and that one has a (although different kind) fantastic guitar/piano intro. Bruce's playing there is really excellent (and the outro is not bad either :D)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Welcome, and you've got so many good things to listen to:-)

Have you heard Bruce's version of "Viva Las Vegas" on the 3rd disc of The Essential Bruce Springsteen" 3cd release? It always makes me smile.

(Shop carefully if you want to buy it because "Viva Las Vegas" is only on the 3cd release, along with other bonus tracks on that extra 3rd cd.)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

13 minutes ago, JoleBlonAlba said:

Welcome, and you've got so many good things to listen to:-)

Have you heard Bruce's version of "Viva Las Vegas" on the 3rd disc of The Essential Bruce Springsteen" 3cd release? It always makes me smile.

(Shop carefully if you want to buy it because "Viva Las Vegas" is only on the 3cd release, along with other bonus tracks on that extra 3rd cd.)

No, I've never heard that although it is on Spotify if I'm correct.  (just checked, and it's there indeed!). Will definitely give it a listen today. Thank you for the welcome and pointing another Elvis cover out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1