The older we get it really does mean even more.

The final Europran stop of the Wrecking Ball World Tour from Kilkenny. A helluva show. 

2013-07-28 - NOWLAN PARK, KILKENNY, IRELAND

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / BADLANDS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / THE PROMISED LAND / WRECKING BALL / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE RIVER / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / MAN AT THE TOP / WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM / THUNDER ROAD / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / NIGHT / BACKSTREETS / BORN TO RUN / SHE'S THE ONE / MEETING ACROSS THE RIVER / JUNGLELAND / THE RISING / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BOBBY JEAN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / DANCING IN THE DARK / AMERICAN LAND (with Ali Weinberg) / SHOUT (with Ali Weinberg) / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / THIS HARD LAND

Final show of the European tour, and the second day of the "Wrecking Ball Weekender". Delorentos, LAPD and Imelda May are the openers for Bruce and the band. An intense, high energy opening that includes both "Badlands" and "Adam Raised A Cain" is soon followed by three well-rehearsed one-off tour premieres in a row; "Wild Billy's Circus Story" (not played since the Wild & Innocent album show in New York City), the ultra-rare "Man At The Top", only played for the third time, and finally The Searchers' "When You Walk In The Room", which Bruce played occasionally on the Born To Run Tour, but has only been played once previously since then, in Philadelphia in 2009. Next up is the entire Born To Run album in sequence. "Waitin' On A Sunny Day" is dropped from the setlist for the first time on the tour. The encores close with a reprise of "This Little Light Of Mine" and an emotional solo acoustic "This Hard Land". Ali Weinberg plays accordion on "American Land" and keyboards on "Shout." Final tour performances for "My Love Will Not Let You Down", "Adam Raised A Cain", "Night", "Backstreets", "Meeting Across The River", "Jungleland", "Seven Nights To Rock", and "American Land". First ever performance in Europe of "Man At The Top" and first ever performance in Ireland of "When You Walk In The Room" and "Wild Billy's Circus Story". Patti Scialfa is not present.

And it might be the most reposted video on this forum, but does it matter? 

And because reasons... A review: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/retro-show-review-springsteen-in-kilkenny-ireland-july-28th-2013/

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 5

I love 41 shots the tune, but Bruce always sticks it right after a smoking opening. 

I believe it would be better served in the middle of a couple slower tunes.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The older we get it really does mean even more.

The final Europran stop of the Wrecking Ball World Tour from Kilkenny. A helluva show. 

2013-07-28 - NOWLAN PARK, KILKENNY, IRELAND

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / MY LOVE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN / BADLANDS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / THE PROMISED LAND / WRECKING BALL / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE RIVER / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / MAN AT THE TOP / WHEN YOU WALK IN THE ROOM / THUNDER ROAD / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / NIGHT / BACKSTREETS / BORN TO RUN / SHE'S THE ONE / MEETING ACROSS THE RIVER / JUNGLELAND / THE RISING / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BOBBY JEAN / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / DANCING IN THE DARK / AMERICAN LAND (with Ali Weinberg) / SHOUT (with Ali Weinberg) / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / THIS HARD LAND

Final show of the European tour, and the second day of the "Wrecking Ball Weekender". Delorentos, LAPD and Imelda May are the openers for Bruce and the band. An intense, high energy opening that includes both "Badlands" and "Adam Raised A Cain" is soon followed by three well-rehearsed one-off tour premieres in a row; "Wild Billy's Circus Story" (not played since the Wild & Innocent album show in New York City), the ultra-rare "Man At The Top", only played for the third time, and finally The Searchers' "When You Walk In The Room", which Bruce played occasionally on the Born To Run Tour, but has only been played once previously since then, in Philadelphia in 2009. Next up is the entire Born To Run album in sequence. "Waitin' On A Sunny Day" is dropped from the setlist for the first time on the tour. The encores close with a reprise of "This Little Light Of Mine" and an emotional solo acoustic "This Hard Land". Ali Weinberg plays accordion on "American Land" and keyboards on "Shout." Final tour performances for "My Love Will Not Let You Down", "Adam Raised A Cain", "Night", "Backstreets", "Meeting Across The River", "Jungleland", "Seven Nights To Rock", and "American Land". First ever performance in Europe of "Man At The Top" and first ever performance in Ireland of "When You Walk In The Room" and "Wild Billy's Circus Story". Patti Scialfa is not present.

And it might be the most reposted video on this forum, but does it matter? 

And because reasons... A review: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/04/16/retro-show-review-springsteen-in-kilkenny-ireland-july-28th-2013/

Most reposted or not, it was new to me. Although it is acoustic it's a very good performance. I liked it. I checked and I have an audience recording of this show so I will give it a listen soon. I like these kind of topics which make me pull out a certain concert I haven't listened to yet or a long time ago. 

• Like 2

We need this show, if not for the music, we definitely need it for one of his finest quotes.

I was listening to this version of THL  on repeat for days and nights in winter 2014, as I was saying goodbye to my dying Father. This song made the agony a little bit more bearable, in a way it was amazingly cathartic, because it always made me cry my eyes out, and I felt so much better afterwards. It helped me let him go...

I hope it pops up on one of the following First Fridays. 

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Hug 2

Both of the Kilkenny shows should be released as part of the archive series. 

• Like 3

Bruce in something to prove mode for what is starting to look like the last time........8 years since the legendary European summer of 2012.....2  more years than there was between the other band and the reunion.....and time marches on......for all of us

On 7/28/2020 at 4:16 AM, Jimmy James said:

I love 41 shots the tune, but Bruce always sticks it right after a smoking opening. 

I believe it would be better served in the middle of a couple slower tunes.

its epic, even more so when he follows it with The Promised Land......

5 minutes ago, The Chicken Man said:

its epic, even more so when he follows it with The Promised Land......

Roulette

My Love Will Not Let You Down

No Surrender

Something in the Night

American Skin (41 Shots)

From Leeds 2013 see how it just kills the moment! Again I love the tune, but it's such a downer of a tune. 

Should stuck it between Death To My Hometown and This Depression

13 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Roulette

My Love Will Not Let You Down

No Surrender

Something in the Night

American Skin (41 Shots)

From Leeds 2013 see how it just kills the moment! Again I love the tune, but it's such a downer of a tune. 

followed by The Promised Land...its always a 1-2, critique of his nation, followed by the repair job......its deliberate

• Bruuuuce! 1
23 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Man on the Top" isn't a bad substitute!

One of my favourites... There are some audience videos of it but I would dearly love an archive version just for this... Nil's perfect harmony behind Bruce.

• Like 1