Greasy Lake Community

Beach Time Music :D

Reggae to Bruce worked perfectly, I'm not sure about the other way around.

41 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Didn’t he do a similar version of BITUSA with them too??

Yes. BUSA and My Hometown and I think maybe a third song too (not sure).

• Thanks 1
Just now, Incident on 57th St said:

Story says no recording of the reggae BITUSA exists but it's right there - click link to One Love audio and it's played straight after One Love! Never heard this!

Yes, I was hoping folk would find it in the article.

I can remember hearing them - I doubt we missed much back then. Thank you, friends! x

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Great versions.

There's enough reggae/ska stuff by Bruce to fill a whole CD.

Isn't there some of that on Born In The Studio? I used to play that to death ... seem to remember that kind of thing?

Mebbies I'm dreaming. Again.

1 minute ago, Eileen said:

Isn't there some of that on Born In The Studio? I used to play that to death ... seem to remember that kind of thing?

Mebbies I'm dreaming. Again.

I think that there are a couple of demos for the The River album that could be called ska.  But, like you, I'm just going from memory and not 100 per cent sure.  I'd have to go through the titles.

• Like 1
Just now, BruceWho said:

Blimey this takes me back to the days of cassettes and record fairs - must be over 30 years now since I've heard that!

And videos where you could barely see who was on stage cos of the 'snow'. Eeeee, happy days!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've got a mate who when I first met him and we got talking about music and I of course mentioned Bruce he replied that he'd seen him in a bar singing a Reggae version of BIUSA back in 1987 and that he was pretty good. He was in the Green Parrot bar in Neptune NJ with a gang of mates all drunk and he did say that Bruce's minder wouldn't let them near him at the end of the night and that Bruce was pretty hammered too. 

Bruce must have done ok as my mate isn't a fan but he was complimentary about him that night. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes my first thought was One Love was the name of the band; reason I was confused and not sure.

From the Glory Days of tape trading.

The bootleg with the performance on it is called "Jah Love". I assumed it was the name of the reggae band backing him.

53 minutes ago, TheBoss said:

The bootleg with the performance on it is called "Jah Love". I assumed it was the name of the reggae band backing him.

Jah Love was the band. Bruce was the guest.