Surprise!! From my home to yours: volume 9 July 29

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Rumble Doll' is a terrific album.

Just listened to this and I loved it. I realised that I have hardly ever heard Patti talking and I enjoyed her songs more than I expected - I should maybe pay more attention to her! 

I remember before Rumble Doll was released thinking that I would be curious to hear it, but wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. Then I heard an interview with Patti on the car radio, during which four

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

He hasn't played anything from The Beatles or Elvis yet, must be saving those for a certain occasion.

Or any songs from the wiggles

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

He hasn't played anything from The Beatles or Elvis yet, must be saving those for a certain occasion.

Well the next one should be 4 days before the 43rd anniversary of Elvis’s death if it sticks to the 2 weekly pattern.

Bossman

• Like 1

Listened to it off an on throughout the day while running different errands. I didn’t mind the banter between him and his wife, but her voice is off putting to me. The warbling and whatnot. I listened to the chit chat, then switched stations when she started singing.

10 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

"Big Girl Now" - From Patti's next album

Confusingly there seems to be an unreleased song in a movie called "I'm A Big Girl Now" which seems to be unrelated.

This is awsome news

I was kinda hoping he would play Atlas shrugged 

I must say im a bit sad as this radio series is begining to feel unconnected like SOB for me as i have no way to listen to it

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Two hours later, I've finally thought a response to this (Not a good one mind, but still...)

Will he be playing this one? :P

I was thinking more in terms of "Not a Second Time" by the Beatles

• Like 1

Thanks for the songs, @Born To Walk. I've read the transcript of the show over on BTX (by Jay Lustig). Bruce says of Spanish Dancer that when he passes away, just slap the lyrics up on his headstone - 'That's all they need to know about me.  That will be plenty'. Awww ... :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

Just listened to this and I loved it. I realised that I have hardly ever heard Patti talking and I enjoyed her songs more than I expected - I should maybe pay more attention to her! 

I have all three CD s , some really nice music.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
42 minutes ago, jmw said:

I have a couple. Rumble Doll is the best, imho. Love that album.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I have a couple. Rumble Doll is the best, imho. Love that album.

I remember before Rumble Doll was released thinking that I would be curious to hear it, but wouldn't be rushing out to buy it. Then I heard an interview with Patti on the car radio, during which four tracks were played. On the strength of those four songs I did indeed go out and buy it on the day it was released. There are a number of outstanding tracks on that album. 

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
On 7/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, Born To Walk said:

"Big Girl Now" - From Patti's next album

Confusingly there seems to be an unreleased song in a movie called "I'm A Big Girl Now" which seems to be unrelated.

I'm A Big Girl Now is from the 1998 Ed Burns film No Looking Back.  The film features a few Springsteen songs.  I think Patti got credit on the film for doing the music, it features a few of her songs too.  

• Thanks 1
On 7/31/2020 at 5:17 AM, jmw said:

When will we be able to say we have all 4 of her CDs ?

And fingers crossed Atlas shrugged is on it 

• Like 1

I finally remembered to take my favourite John Hiatt cd upstairs to listen to it if I couldn't sleep. At 11.45 I thought I'd play it as there was nothing good on Radio 2 on a Friday night - listened to one track 3 times in a row after the cd played then switched it to the radio. I heard a good song then Bruce's voice ... oh bother, he was introducing the last song.

Ah well ... I'll go get the iplayer thingy on the go. Err, no Radio 2 - that isn't Bonnie's version.

• 2 weeks later...

So at 10am there will be an announcement of when Bruce will fire up the tractor for release of the long awaited gospel techno country album he has been working on

• Bruuuuce! 1