blistersoul

Entire Albums live officially released

Hey all, I tried a search, but could not find the answer. Thought I would ask here. 

I wanted to buy a show of each album performed all the way through. I have been successful with Greetings, Wild, The River, BITUSA. My question, are there Archive shows that have Darkness and Born to Run? If so, what dates am I looking to buy?

Thanks in advance. 

Full Darkness Archive Show: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AU, February 19, 2014

bs140219_01.jpg.d736b98abc598fba0ce2d128d1fb7b93.jpg

Full Born To Run Archive Show: Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ, March 02, 2014

bs140302_01.jpg.d6804d592b1fae408386d98afd4b25d0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

Unfortunately the 2014 shows have lesser sound quality that the later Achieves. But for live (onstage, no crowd) Darkness you can't beat the Paramount Theater performance.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1

As mentioned @blistersoul Sydney and Auckland #2 are the two shows you're looking for. 

If you want an idea about what else is decent on the shows before downloading, I've written a bit about them in this: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2018/10/01/the-best-of-springsteens-2014-high-hopes-tour-part-1-january-to-march/

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 3:44 AM, el sergio said:

Full Darkness Archive Show: Allphones Arena, Sydney, AU, February 19, 2014

bs140219_01.jpg.d736b98abc598fba0ce2d128d1fb7b93.jpg

Full Born To Run Archive Show: Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ, March 02, 2014

bs140302_01.jpg.d6804d592b1fae408386d98afd4b25d0.jpg

The born to run show the day before was awsome

And don't forget that WIESS show from earlier from across the ditch

https://www.nj.com/springsteen/2014/02/bruce_springsteen_plays_the_en_3.html

On 8/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, phantomengineer said:

Unfortunately the 2014 shows have lesser sound quality that the later Achieves. But for live (onstage, no crowd) Darkness you can't beat the Paramount Theater performance.

Unless they end up remixing and re-releasing all the 2014 shows (which I think highly unlikely), my expectation is that in due course we may get both a full BTR album and full DOTEOT album show from either the 2009 or 2013 tours

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Unless they end up remixing and re-releasing all the 2014 shows (which I think highly unlikely), my expectation is that in due course we may get both a full BTR album and full DOTEOT album show from either the 2009 or 2013 tours

As no one did mention it yet: the Count Basie Theatre benefit show (7 May 2008) where both BTR and Darkness were performed in full (better: Darkness and BTR, as first Darkness was played and then BTR). And a nice encore too. (So Young And In  Love, Kitty's Back, Rosalita, Raise Your Hand).

If released, however, some might complain about the relative short lenght of the show and value for money.....:ph34r:

....if a Darkness show from 2009 is released, some might complain that is -again!- a show from Philadelphia or New Jersey!:lol:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

As no one did mention it yet: the Count Basie Theatre benefit show (7 May 2008) where both BTR and Darkness were performed in full (better: Darkness and BTR, as first Darkness was played and then BTR). And a nice encore too. (So Young And In  Love, Kitty's Back, Rosalita, Raiser Your Hand).

If released, however, some might complain about the relative short lenght of the show and value for money...:ph34r:

....if a Darkness show from 2009 is released, some might complain that is -again!- a show from Philadelphia or New Jersey!

There always will be people who live to complain. Not me though. i choose to enjoy! Life's too short for (too much) negativity. Just wish though that the intro to 'Prove It All Night' I just listened to would be longer ... oh! 

• Bruuuuce! 1

7 minutes ago, Lampi said:

As no one did mention it yet: the Count Basie Theatre benefit show (7 May 2008) where both BTR and Darkness were performed in full (better: Darkness and BTR, as first Darkness was played and then BTR). And a nice encore too. (So Young And In  Love, Kitty's Back, Rosalita, Raise Your Hand).

If released, however, some might complain about the relative short lenght of the show and value for money.....:ph34r:

....if a Darkness show from 2009 is released, some might complain that is -again!- a show from Philadelphia or New Jersey!:lol:

Actually, I'd forgotten about that show. That would be a unique release I'd be happy with

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Is the sound on those 2014 shows that bad? I only have the Nashville concert and I don't remember it sounding bad or anything :blink:

6 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

There always will be people who live to complain. Not me though. i choose to enjoy! Life's too short for (too much) negativity. Just wish though that the intro to 'Prove It All Night' I just listened to would be longer ... oh! 

Ever heard the greatest ever version of Prove It All Night from Atlanta 30 September 1978? (Better than Winterland!)

The longest ever intro to Prove It All Night is from the show in Norman, Oklahoma, 1 December 1978.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Actually, I'd forgotten about that show. That would be a unique release I'd be happy with

Especially since the audience tapes from the Basie aren’t particularly great. I’d be happy with that - it’s a historical show (even if the rarity factor has now all-but disappeared), and I’d like to think that the encore would sound incredible with the horns. 

9 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Ever heard the greatest ever version of Prove It All Night from Atlanta 30 September 1978? (Better than Winterland!)

The longest ever intro to Prove It All Night is from the show in Norman, Oklahoma, 1 December 1978.

Although my comment was tongue in the cheek I appreciate your recommendations. I have heard neither I'm afraid. Isn't Atlanta '78 one of the 5 radio broadcasts and the only one not officially released yet? I will definitely search for the Norman '78 show as (i've just checked) I have only the Houston, San Francisco (2x) and Cleveland shows after Passaic September 20th, 1978. 

26 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

Isn't Atlanta '78 one of the 5 radio broadcasts and the only one not officially released yet?

Yes indeed, and except the greatest ever version of Prove It All Night also the greatest ever versions of Backstreets and Not Fade Away-Gloria-She's The One are from Atlanta (this all of course subjective).

So...Atlanta is now the only of the 5 1978 radio shows not officially released yet...this while the bad weather conditions in the U.S.A. South during the broadcast, with heavy rain and thunderstorms, made Atlanta the show most in need of an official release compared to the 4 others who are already available in excellent sound quality since 1978. (Not that Atlanta sounds bad, in fact excellent too; but it was always underrated compared to the 4 others).

I must confess I'm a little biased in this, as Atlanta was the first 1978 show I ever heard -on cassette tapes; those were the days-; this reason Atlanta was always my favourite 1978 radio show, and maybe my favourite 1978 show-except Portland 19 December 1978. There are some claims the show the next day, Seattle 20 December 1978, was the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played;  but Portland wins thanks to what is considered the best audience tape of the entire Darkness tour, with a lot of atmosphere you don't hear on soundboards and radio shows.

• Love Love Love! 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed, and except the greatest ever version of Prove It All Night also the greatest ever versions of Not Fade Away-Gloria-She's The One and Backstreets are from Atlanta (this all of course subjective).

So...Atlanta 1978 is now the only of the 5 1978 radio shows not officially released yet...this while the bad weather conditions in the U.S.A. South during the broadcast, with heavy rain and thunderstorms, made Atlanta the show most in need of an official release compared to the 4 others who are already available in excellent sound quality since 1978. (Not that Atlanta sounds bad, in fact excellent too; but it was always underrated compared to the 4 others too).

I must confess I'm a little biased in this, as Atlanta was the first 1978 show I ever heard -on cassette tapes; those were the days-; this reason Atlanta was always my favourite 1978 radio show, and maybe my favourite 1978 show-except Portland 19 December 1978. There are some claims the show the next day, Seattle 20 December 1978, was the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played;  but Portland wins thanks to what is considered the best audience tape of the entire Darkness tour, with a lot of atmosphere you don't hear on soundboards and radio shows.

Thank you for your reply. love reading people's thoughts and opinions. One can hardly form an opinion on something if not taking into consideration other opinions, in my opinion of course. I was just reading on Brucebase and noticed indeed the December 20th, 1978 concert and the fact that the last 2 songs were performed quite some time after the 'last' song and for only a few people. That certainly peaked my interest. 

Man, thanks for all the tips. Okay, one more question, in your opinions, which is the best of the River that has been released?

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

Is this available as a bootleg? Would love to hear it. 

New at this, so bear with me. Anything else live? I am assuming nothing after BITUSA in entirety and No Nebraska, right?

2 hours ago, blistersoul said:

Is this available as a bootleg? Would love to hear it. 

Crystal Cat bootleg, Count Basie Theatre Magic Night.

Edit: and an odd title, as no songs from the Magic album were performed and the show, a benefit show for the Count Basie Theatre, was performed during a break in the Magic Tour; technically it was not a Magic Tour show.

1 hour ago, blistersoul said:

New at this, so bear with me. Anything else live? I am assuming nothing after BITUSA in entirety and No Nebraska, right?

That's right. However, all 10 Lucky Town songs were performed at the MTV Plugged show (not in order); at a few early Joad Tour shows, in 1995, all 12 Joad songs were performed (not in order).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blistersoul said:

That's right, only Greetings, WIESS, BTR, Darkness, The River and Born in the U.S.A. have been played in their entirety.

Brucebase has everyone of them documented here: http://brucebase.wikidot.com/stats:full-album-performance

Man, thanks for all the tips. Okay, one more question, in your opinions, which is the best of the River that has been released?

My go-to is almost always Gothenburg #3 2016 (I've linked to my review of the gig), though I love the Paris #2 full album performance from ten days prior. 

All performances of the album have their strengths. MSG 2009 is so raw it's insane, while 2016 renditions have additional little tweaks to them that make them ever better: LA and Brooklyn off the top of my head have those interpolations of "Pretty Flamingo" and "Dream Baby Dream" into "I Wanna Marry You" and "Drive All Night", and the MSG show from the end of March has that so so subtle "this, is a love song" line from Bruce before "Stolen Car" that I love. I'll link these guides (with the show featuring full album performances) that I wrote talking about the best of The River Tour, seeing as I wrote a bit more about these shows in them.

12 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

:)

The longer the better !

• Love Love Love! 1

So many to choose from

Probably something latter in the 1st American leg of the tour but everything just kept getting better and better and better 

3 hours ago, blistersoul said:

I would say the 2009 MSG performance of The River album, the only performance ever with Clarence, is essential listening for every Bruce Springsteen fan. Even if some, or most, 2016 performances were actually better performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

I would say the 2009 MSG performance of The River album, the only performance ever with Clarence, is essential listening for every Bruce Springsteen fan. Even if some, or most, 2016 performances were actually better performances.

Excellent point about Clarence plus @Early North Jersey was at this show

But the spoken interludes durring the 2016 river tour are worthy of note