SoulBoogieAlex

Is Taylor Swift the new Springsteen

2 hours ago, JustDan said:

I don't think it got any airplay here on this side of the pond. I think maybe John would've been embarrassed had he heard it :D

I''m sorry @janeymarywendy. This is not meant to mock your musical tastes. That wasn't my intention.

• Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Exactly.

It's a song from a Rupert Bear cartoon, and in that context it's wonderful.

Never was a fan of Rupert Bear

Had some puzzles of him when i was a kid

Puzzles are harder than spelling 

8 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Odd post.

It must be very difficult to post with such authority about an artist and an album you haven’t even listened to.

Posting with authority was not my intention, hence the disclosure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JustDan said:

I don't think it got any airplay here on this side of the pond. I think maybe John would've been embarrassed had he heard it :D

I know you aren't talking about Yoko's "singing" but your last sentence would also apply.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

I know you aren't talking about Yoko's "singing" but your last sentence would also apply.

I was embarrassed for John on Yoko's singing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JustDan said:

I was embarrassed for John on Yoko's singing.

I think everybody was :(

At least the worst Linda did was make Paul give up meat 

Is Taylor Swift the new Springsteen? That seems like an odd thought. Whether she is or is not will not be determined by Springsteen fans but by the younger generation of music listeners.

• Like 1

Might be an unpopular opinion on a rock and roll forum but I love Taylor Swift. Had tickets to see her live this summer I kid you not. 1989 is a fantastic album for example. Ryan Adams thought so too and covered the entire album - it's worth a listen. Also liked the Lover album. Have an open mind and you might like it too.

New Springsteen is bullshit ofcourse, totally different artists, music, genres etc.

• Like 4

You're not the only one.

I really like the whole 1989, parts of Reputation, most of the Lover and so far all of Folklore has been good. 

• Love Love Love! 1

Haven't had the time to listen to Folklore yet but I keep reading good things which isn't a surprise, she's very good.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Perisic said:

Might be an unpopular opinion on a rock and roll forum but I love Taylor Swift. Had tickets to see her live this summer I kid you not. 1989 is a fantastic album for example. Ryan Adams thought so too and covered the entire album - it's worth a listen. Also liked the Lover album. Have an open mind and you might like it too.

New Springsteen is bullshit ofcourse, totally different artists, music, genres etc.

Agreed, it's not really apples-to-apples is it just an attention-seeking headline.

I've only just 'discovered' her and having watched the Reputations film on Netflix I really wish I'd got in on the action years ago! I'll definitely go see her when the opportunity arises. Who knows I might even come to like her as much as Lorde ... but probably not Bruce ;) 

• Like 1

I don't know where you guys find the time ?

I find with the archive series coming out every month i have sooooo much Bruce to digest, ill never short of Bruce to listen to 

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 2:45 PM, stevie54uk said:

new Springsteen!!!! dont make me laugh none of them are  fit to lace his boots

FINALLY - this thread was ready for some truth and common sense!

• Like 2

I love Bruce and I really like Taylor Swift, so if nothing else they have my admiration in common. :)

1989 is the best commercial pop album ever. I just listened to folklore for the first time and I really liked that one as well. 

• Like 4

On 8/4/2020 at 3:47 PM, JustDan said:

Comparing Swift to Springsteen. She's music industry product, like N'sync, or Spears. Jesus Horatio Christ :wacko:

She's a Pop tart for God's sake. What's wrong with people??

What's next? Is Bieber the new Bowie? Are the Jonas Brothers the new Rolling Stones?

Did you read the article? 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 12:33 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Her father was a stockbroker 

Her mother was a marketing executive before becoming a home maker

At one time they lived on a Christmas tree farm 

(I googled Mr Wiki)

She doesn't sound Springsteen demographic to me

In the way i can relate to Bruce growing up in Freehold i feel zero connection to Ms Swift

So how can she be the next Springsteen ?

What qualifies being the next Springsteen anyway?

Its more redicoulss that saying Bruce was the new Dylon when Dylon wasn't even in anyway old

She seems to me to sing alot about her relationships 

Is anything she has written as good as the Promise ?

I realise she is getting older - maybe she has a tunnel of love in her 

She's pretty and i wish her well, she seems to be able to hold a tune quite good but she is not the new Springsteen

I want to ask you too: Did you read the article? It made some interesting points.

• Like 1