Greasy Lake Community

Is Taylor Swift the new Springsteen

On 7/31/2020 at 8:22 PM, Scott Peterson said:

Incidentally, for anyone who gives the slightest hoot and hasn't yet heard it, the new Taylor Swift album is pretty damn fantastic. And I have very mixed feelings about her work, in general. This one still has some of the same lyrical issues, in my opinion, but musically, it's absolutely fabulous. 

Yep. 'folklore' (stylised lower case for the spelling police) is pretty much a masterpiece. Much credit to producers Aaron Dessner and Jack Antonoff. 

My big Bruce hope for the future is that he makes an album with Antonoff as producer/collaborator. The guy is incredible.

• Love Love Love! 1

For the love of God! Are we still debating this?!

NO...She is not the new Springsteen!

[but she looks great in designer jeans....Jus' sayin']

13b911b16e0ba7a8fc89c131b135feb1.jpg

• Like 2

The 'new Springsteen' was just clickbait, of course. The way she writes about relationships on these two recent albums I'd compare her lyrics and style to Mary Chapin Carpenter.

On a Bruce note, TS is immensely powerful in the music business in a way that Bruce never was. Have to admire her courage.

In other TS news, the Long Pond session tracks (ie, the entire folklore album with Antonoff and Dessner) are on YT.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

The 'new Springsteen' was just clickbait, of course. The way she writes about relationships on these two recent albums I'd compare her lyrics and style to Mary Chapin Carpenter.

On a Bruce note, TS is immensely powerful in the music business in a way that Bruce never was. Have to admire her courage.

In other TS news, the Long Pond session tracks (ie, the entire folklore album with Antonoff and Dessner) are on YT.

Have you watched the documentary I mentioned above?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustDan said:

For the love of God! Are we still debating this?!

NO...She is not the new Springsteen!

[but she looks great in designer jeans....Jus' sayin']

13b911b16e0ba7a8fc89c131b135feb1.jpg

Is that photoshopped?

19 hours ago, janeymarywendy said:

Forgive me, but she says 'like' too much :(.  Nice story though.

Hahaha! Not sure how you'd get on with folk up here, like. We say that all the time, like.

Did I say that all the time I was with you. No 'like' there - not right context, like.

36 minutes ago, Eileen said:

Hahaha! Not sure how you'd get on with folk up here, like. We say that all the time, like.

Did I say that all the time I was with you. No 'like' there - not right context, like.

Nah, your 'likes' are said in a different context to her's :lol:

I know what I'm talking about, like.

• Haha 1

i don't know about Taylor Swift, but the artist I think has the most similar writing style to Bruce Springsteen is Slaid Cleaves. His production company is called Magic Rat and is a big Springsteen fan.

• Love Love Love! 1