MagicRat1983

Tucson Train by Little Steven van Zandt

I'm still not a big fan of this version, but I'm all for its existence because of this music video and the clips from all of those Western films that I really love.

In fact, until Bruce releases a video for his version with footage from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, A Fistful of Dollars, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, Dr Strangelove, Blazing Saddles, TombstoneOnce Upon a Time in the West, Unforgiven, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, The Searchers, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood etc., Stevie's effort is far superior. 

Oh, and that ending with Claudia Cardinale and The Searchers finale shot, 10 on 10, Steve. 10. ON. 10

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MagicRat1983 said:

Hope this is new for you, did not find any link to it on the forum. 

I don't think it ever had a separate thread, but there is some discussion from around Page 15 of this thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't think it ever had a separate thread, but there is some discussion from around Page 15 of this thread.

Thanks, did not see that... And the vid did not get too much love there... I think it‘s quite fun to watch.

Feel free to delete my post as there‘s a link already in that other thread.

8 minutes ago, MagicRat1983 said:

Thanks, did not see that... And the vid did not get too much love there... I think it‘s quite fun to watch.

I think this is a new video, YouTube shows at as being uploaded today

It's nice, but not a fan of that horn arrangement.

One of Bruce's best songs.

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

It’s certainly not bad but I don’t think it would make my top half of the best songs on that album. 

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Monument Valley makes everything better!

Beautiful place.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MagicRat1983 said:

Hope this is new for you, did not find any link to it on the forum. 

There‘s a short pic of Bruce in the video. #westernhero

Steve's singing  isnt as bad as i remember

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Steve loves those darn horns 

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Steve loves those darn horns 

As do I! 

I truly love Bruce’s version and prefer it 100 times more, but I did like Stevie’s a lot!  Thanks for posting... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rosiejaneymary said:

As do I! 

I truly love Bruce’s version and prefer it 100 times more, but I did like Stevie’s a lot!  Thanks for posting... 

Hearing Steve sing always makes me happy

How voice is nowhere near as good as his guitar playing but that doesn't matter to me

May the day come again when he shears a mic with his Boss and we all get to smilie again 

Stay safe NJ

You are all in my prayers 

• Thanks 1

Terrible version of a good (not great) song. Horns are overblown  (just the fact they're on stage doesn't mean they gave to be used all the damn time) so are the background vocals,  and Steve is just a terrible lead singer.

• Like 1

Whilst Bruce's voice might not be technically as good as many, it portrays feeling and emotion that few others can.

Unfortunately, to me, Steve's voice has neither attribute.

God, I miss live music seeing this :( It makes me sad because it looks like so much fun, if that makes any sense?

side note, there was a nice interview with Steve in Forbes 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2020/08/02/qa-rock-n-roll-rebel-steven-van-zandt-unloads-about-rock-politics-and-much-more/#4c1630755ea6

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

God, I miss live music seeing this :( It makes me sad because it looks like so much fun, if that makes any sense?

Makes perfect sense to me.  I feel the same exact way...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got to listen to it.

Well.

It's horrible, awful, an assault to the ears.

Is this Steve's revenge for all the lost discussions on song selection for The River album?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Isn't that bit at 2:20 good? The blowing-up bit - well done.

Great listening to the band while watching those great clips. Love the band, Steve's singing ... great stuff!

And ... the lass is who he wants to be on the train - only she isn't ... hence the last clip.

:)

• Like 3

Whenever I listen to someone covering Bruce, I immediately have to listen to the original version, to reset my memory, and prevent unwanted earworms. :P

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting that he picked the one song from Western Stars that would fit seamlessly into an E-Street set (just play the main riff on guitars instead of a string section, and the song has all the elements found in other Springsteen anthems), and interesting that he chose to rearrange it, but it isn’t great. A valiant attempt though, and the video is very good. I haven’t listened to Western Stars for awhile though. I think I’ll give it a spin now.

• Like 1