4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Still LA '85 for me. 

Those versions of "The River", "Born to Run" and "Working on the Highway" are essential. 

That is a cracking release. The Stand On It / Janey / Travelin Band closer is amazing.

I could do without the endless Twist And Shout of the BITUSA era though. Certainly in an audio only format, just doesn't stand up to repeated listens for me. Maybe on video where you can see whatever is going on performance wise it may work better. (Or maybe not... I know I've watched it on the Paris 85 DVD but have no memory of what I thought apart from it going on too long also LOL)

• Like 1

The 1978 ones 

Shucks 

Has to be winterland

Even though ive had the bootleg for years i was overjoyed to get both nights from nugs

Still my favourite 

• Like 5

Passaic, September 20th, 1978. I keep coming back to this show (like this very moment as I'm listening to it again). Good Rockin' Tonight, `The Promised Land, Prove It All Night, It's My Life, Fire, Point Blank, Kitty's Back, Incident On 57th Street going into Rosalita, Detroit Medley .... the show is one big highlight. Only thing which would have been the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, would have been the addition of Racing In The Street on this night!  

bs780920_01.jpg

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 2

Been listening alot to Stockholm 88 lately and it's a blast, especially Light of Day with the horns

• Like 2
13 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

Passaic, September 20th, 1978. I keep coming back to this show (like this very moment as I'm listening to it again). Good Rockin' Tonight, `The Promised Land, Prove It All Night, It's My Life, Fire, Point Blank, Kitty's Back, Incident On 57th Street going into Rosalita, Detroit Medley .... the show is one big highlight. Only thing which would have been the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, would have been the addition of Racing In The Street on this night!  

bs780920_01.jpg

The Bob Clearmountain mix on this one elevates it above the rest of the archive releases for me, even if there are arguably better shows available from nugs. The sound is just perfection and a definitive document of 1978 Bruce Springsteen live in concert. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I agree with the stellar sound on the second Passiac show... my favourite go to performances of 78 Prove It and 78 Because The Night are from this show, and I think the sound quality plays a big part in that.

However, I still find the long gaps between songs in places on this show where Bruce is interacting over birthday presents with the audience to be annoying and disruptive to the flow when listening to the show in full. So I prefer, say, the first Passiac show in that respect 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I agree with the stellar sound on the second Passiac show... my favourite go to performances of 78 Prove It and 78 Because The Night are from this show, and I think the sound quality plays a big part in that.

However, I still find the long gaps between songs in places on this show where Bruce is interacting over birthday presents with the audience to be annoying and disruptive to the flow when listening to the show in full. So I prefer, say, the first Passiac show in that respect 

Oh come on, don't act like you don't love Bruce saying "I'm not that old yet!:lol:

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

"Oh boy! Junk food!"

'Socks and underwear!'.

But socks and underwear can't beat the blonde woman jumping out of the cake the third night. There are a few photos of that; no video it seems.

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

Two shows I return to are LA 99, for the blistering opening set, and Belfast ‘96 for the overall mood.

For some reason I also find myself returning to Belfast ‘96 am awful lot - it’s just a great performance and you’re right, there’s just a mood to it

• Like 3

Yes, it’s a very depressing mood, but consistent at least! I really like the St Rosa gig with its excellent acoustic versions of The River, Two Hearts, When You’re Alone, but there’s something about the undiluted Joad Belfast show that keeps me coming back.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

Yes, it’s a very depressing mood, but consistent at least! I really like the St Rosa gig with its excellent acoustic versions of The River, Two Hearts, When You’re Alone, but there’s something about the undiluted Joad Belfast show that keeps me coming back.

I think the depressing mood allows for the lighter moments - like the two lads shouting across the venue to one another about American coinage - to stand out more and simultaneously make the show not as depressing, if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

Stockholm '88 for objective reasons.

Gothenburg '12 for personal reasons.

Christic '90 for being something different.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheBoss said:

Stockholm '88 for objective reasons.

Gothenburg '12 for personal reasons.

Christic '90 for being something different.

I like this idea. :)

Stockholm 88 for objective reasons.

Milano 2016, Night One for personal reasons

Belfast 1996 for being something different.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

9/20/78, for one reason, it has the best recorded piece of music ever produced on any recording in the history of music. Prove It All Night!

Agreed. And to have a sublime version of Incident which ends with Bruce’s yell of “look out” as it flows into Rosalita (as nature intended it always should) cements it as the no.1 archive. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1