Greasy Lake Community

Friday's Archive Series release delayed for a week

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to get excited about. They're just searching for a bad enough picture to put on the cover.

Apparently, the delay has nothing to do with the show itself but has everything to do with Erik's essay. It seems that the forthcoming show is so phenomenal that Erik turns into a quivering wreck

I think there’s a fair few archive shows I haven’t listened to all the way through and there’s many more than that I’ve only played through once. A week extra to catch up is no hardship whatsoever. 

Posted Images

Too bad .... was looking forward to it. Luckily it's not like I don't have anything to listen to. Or read. Or watch. :D

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

I am perhaps foolishly hopeful that this means it's another show from the Rising tour. 

I'm not expecting a massive moment for the series, I just want it to be something really compelling and something that causes good discussion. 

• Like 2

Here's the deal. I can appreciate the solo or "other band" shows. Well, the solo shows. That said, we're good on those. From here on out, the guiding principal when it comes to live archive series releases simply should be, "Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band. That's the legend."

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

They finally found the L.A. 20 August 1981 tapes in an old shoebox under Bruce's bed and now they need some extra time to make them ready for release.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Lampi said:

They finally found the L.A. 20 August 1981 tapes in an old shoebox under Bruce's bed and now they need some extra time to make them ready for release.

Or the Main Point tapes from Februari 1975.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
5 hours ago, davemunday said:

Oh another week to prepare this will be a really special release ...

I seem to remember that they delayed the archive release last August and we got the Bridge Benefit one which was a disappointment to quite a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

In other news, my Previously from the Springsteen archive review of Apollo 2012 is now coming up in a couple of minutes, hold tight... (Now posted: https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2020/08/05/previously-from-the-springsteen-archive-march-9th-2012-new-york-ny/)

Oh God fucking dammit.

Not that it's a huge thing, but still!

Ah fuck you whoever wrote this "let's all find solace in grousing" grousing meaning petty complaints, when Bruce Inc. can't even get a fucking ARCHIVAL release ready. Say goodbye to ever expecting them how to figure out how to release a Tracks 2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Yeah and they're gonna remix Winterland night 2 also.

(Actually, finding something is more likely than them ever fixing mistakes - how long did it take them to have a remix done on Nassau 12/31? I can't remember.)

52 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Yeah and they're gonna remix Winterland night 2 also.

(Actually, finding something is more likely than them ever fixing mistakes - how long did it take them to have a remix done on Nassau 12/31? I can't remember.)

The original Nassau 12/31 was released in March 2015 and the re-release in July 2019 together with the show from 29th 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Jump back Jack said:

I seem to remember that they delayed the archive release last August and we got the Bridge Benefit one which was a disappointment to quite a few.

Totally underwhelming. A one off show maybe, but so short.

• Like 1

Last time there was a delay we got Stockholm 2005 I believe. So I’m going to predict either the ‘Other’ band show, a Seeger or a Joad show, to test my theory that they use the shorter turnaround (less time until the September release) as a away of getting the less critically appreciated tour shows out.

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

You know.........I always was dying for that 16 minute Detroit Medley from the vets show......but now that I have that 16 minute version from the meadowlands I'm sort....if we get it we get it

• Like 2

I don't get why they always come up with these delay announcements just one day before release day. I've got no problem with something being delayed but these last-minute announcements are annoying as hell.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Last time there was a delay we got Stockholm 2005 I believe. So I’m going to predict either the ‘Other’ band show, a Seeger or a Joad show, to test my theory that they use the shorter turnaround (less time until the September release) as a away of getting the less critically appreciated tour shows out.

I reckon I could just check the redoubtable Brucebase, but what the heck, we're all here and in great moods, so: how much variation was there on the Seeger tour? I was one of those philistines who was lukewarm on the studio record—much as I admired the more, and good for him as it seemed to be creatively, due to my not being crazy about folk music (grade school scars run deep)—but have really liked the various live releases. But were the setlists pretty static? Did it change as it went on and, if so, how?