Friday's Archive Series release delayed for a week

22 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

But were the setlists pretty static? Did it change as it went on and, if so, how?

There were variations, but not massive. I'm sure there are a few shows with a handful of songs that weren't on either the New Orleans or Dublin releases.

I've long advocated the Sheffield show for its one-off version of Youngstown as well as The River, Bring 'Em Home and Froggie which haven't been released so far. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to get excited about. They're just searching for a bad enough picture to put on the cover.

Apparently, the delay has nothing to do with the show itself but has everything to do with Erik's essay. It seems that the forthcoming show is so phenomenal that Erik turns into a quivering wreck

I think there’s a fair few archive shows I haven’t listened to all the way through and there’s many more than that I’ve only played through once. A week extra to catch up is no hardship whatsoever. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

There were variations, but not massive. I'm sure there are a few shows with a handful of songs that weren't on either the New Orleans or Dublin releases.

I've long advocated the Sheffield show for its one-off version of Youngstown as well as The River, Bring 'Em Home and Froggie which haven't been released so far. 

SOLD!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

I reckon I could just check the redoubtable Brucebase, but what the heck, we're all here and in great moods, so: how much variation was there on the Seeger tour? I was one of those philistines who was lukewarm on the studio record—much as I admired the more, and good for him as it seemed to be creatively, due to my not being crazy about folk music (grade school scars run deep)—but have really liked the various live releases. But were the setlists pretty static? Did it change as it went on and, if so, how?

I’m not an expert on the tour, although I don’t have the dislike some have; I like folk music, so it’s a win win for me. I seem to recall there were quite a few covers added as the band went along; Rag, Mama, Rag, Long Black Veil, and I’d love to get an official release of The Daring Young Man...so there’s definitely scope for further releases.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Marnix said:

The original Nassau 12/31 was released in March 2015 and the re-release in July 2019 together with the show from 29th 

Yeah it's funny; when the original version came out, I was shocked at the mix; there was some great effect on Bruce's voice on some song (Prove It, maybe?), but otherwise it was a muddy mess - and I was seemingly alone on here about it, with everyone almost on here insisted it sounded great; then a little time passed and most agreed (and complained) that it was a mess, on both here and Backstreets! ha! :lol:

6 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

Totally underwhelming. A one off show maybe, but so short.

Yeah it was very underwhelming.

I did love that show ages ago when I first got the video of it, and later the weirdly processed CD of it on Crystal Cat (originally on Go Go Records).

Best ever versions of Born In The USA and Dancing In The Dark for me - ones that some people I knew who hated the regular versions said to me "I never thought I'd like this song."

But the release in itself, so short, especially after a delay, to get (and incomplete). Good sound though.

3 hours ago, BigBoss said:

I don't get why they always come up with these delay announcements just one day before release day. I've got no problem with something being delayed but these last-minute announcements are annoying as hell.

yeah at least a week before would be better, more courteous to fans, more thoughtful of them.

11 hours ago, John2871 said:

Or the Main Point tapes from Februari 1975.

In an old shoebox under Marc Brickman's bed then.

5 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

I reckon I could just check the redoubtable Brucebase, but what the heck, we're all here and in great moods, so: how much variation was there on the Seeger tour? I was one of those philistines who was lukewarm on the studio record—much as I admired the more, and good for him as it seemed to be creatively, due to my not being crazy about folk music (grade school scars run deep)—but have really liked the various live releases. But were the setlists pretty static? Did it change as it went on and, if so, how?

Did they make you do folk music dancing ?

That is probably my worst memory of primary school 

5 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

IBut were the setlists pretty static? Did it change as it went on and, if so, how?

Spring shows were pretty static and Seeger-heavy. Fall shows had more variation and slightly less Seeger songs, and more Bruce Springsteen orginals in Seeger versions.  In fact, not that much different from other tours in the Reunion Era (first standard setlists focused on the new album and later on more variation and less songs of the new album).

Probably in the Spring Bruce could not just say 'and tonight we're gonna play that and that song' while (most of) the Seeger band did maybe not know the song at all. (Not 'stump the band'. Likely the summer break in the tour was used to learn more new songs.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

I can't remember when I last played the original CD, but Live In Dublin got a big workout here when it came out and I still enjoy that when I watch or listen to it.

But really all I'm keen on from this tour now is hearing the rearranged Bruce originals. I don't need more versions of the songs from the original CD.

I've made myself a playlist on Spotify combining the Bruce originals from Live In Dublin and the PBS 5 song EP and it's freakin tremendous

• Like 1

My theory is that Nugs managed to jack up the Rising Tour hard drive during the retrieval of the digital source.  They are taking this extra week to scramble to find a low-gen audience tape of Wembley 2002 from some uber bootleggers and release it as their own.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

My theory is that Nugs managed to jack up the Rising Tour hard drive during the retrieval of the digital source.  They are taking this extra week to scramble to find a low-gen audience tape of Wembley 2002 from some uber bootleggers and release it as their own.

The idea that there could be an even better audience tape from Wembley 2002 is truly salivating :P

Like I’ve said before, I’d love to know if Inc. have tapped up the Übers to obtain their tapes. I’d be very surprised if they couldn’t release some good sounding 99/00/02/03 shows using their IEMs mixed with AUD tapes.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Nugs doesnt do anything but distribute what Bruce Inc gives them. Its his choice 100%, If I had a guess than I'd say the final mix wasnt approved on time and the post production work wasnt completed. 

• Like 2
On 8/5/2020 at 5:32 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is hilarious!

Backstreets has become just another arm in the PR chain for Bruce so no one associated with the site would ever dare utter a critical word about INC. or NUGS, even if they had a mouthful.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, estband said:

Backstreets has become just another arm in the PR chain for Bruce so no one associated with the site would ever dare utter a critical word about INC. or NUGS, even if they had a mouthful.

this is true.

they've been run by someone of Bruce Inc. for a while, from what I read

I liked the days when they were run by fans.

the magazine was great; the site, horrible.

• Like 1