Paolo's Circus Story

Friday's Archive Series release delayed for a week

Was looking forward to this. Ah well, on the bright side September's release will drop just 3 weeks later. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I'm still enjoying last month's. I'll be good for a few weeks more if must be.

I think there’s a fair few archive shows I haven’t listened to all the way through and there’s many more than that I’ve only played through once. A week extra to catch up is no hardship whatsoever. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think there’s a fair few archive shows I haven’t listened to all the way through and there’s many more than that I’ve only played through once. A week extra to catch up is no hardship whatsoever. 

Yeah, I actually just finished Stockholm 2005 today. And I haven't actually heard Philly September 25, 1999 all the way, nor the July 9, 1981 Meadowlands show. I know, I know: bad obsessive! Bad obsessive!  

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Yeah, I actually just finished Stockholm 2005 today. And I haven't actually heard Philly September 25, 1999 all the way, nor the July 9, 1981 Meadowlands show. I know, I know: bad obsessive! Bad obsessive!  

Set aside a few hours to play July 9 1981 through twice. It’s absolutely phenomenal. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

My theory on the delay is they had a really awesome cover photo ready for the release but have now gone searching for a worse one...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

When this series started, I obsessively played each release several times in the weeks immediately after they came out but now I'm like this also, most times once only and sometimes not even all the way through due to time constraints.

Means there's plenty of hidden gems floating around. This week, I noticed the May 2009 show hiding away in my list... a show I've played once at most. I really enjoyed hearing it again 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

That 1999 show is my favorite of all released 1999 so far and worth the price for that fantastic opening version of 'Incident On 57th Street' alone. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I sometimes find shows I forgotten about. I just pretend they’re new releases. He’s released that many. I know only of one man alive that has managed to keep track of them all. I’m no @Paolo's Circus Story, I can just fool myself and pretend a two year old release is a new one :D

I haven’t even bought them all :ph34r: 

Yet! :D

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/6/2020 at 12:38 PM, Born To Walk said:

Nothing to get excited about. They're just searching for a bad enough picture to put on the cover.

8 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

My theory on the delay is they had a really awesome cover photo ready for the release but have now gone searching for a worse one...

Great minds, and all that ^_^

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:06 PM, bobfan1976 said:

Last time there was a delay we got Stockholm 2005 I believe. So I’m going to predict either the ‘Other’ band show, a Seeger or a Joad show, to test my theory that they use the shorter turnaround (less time until the September release) as a away of getting the less critically appreciated tour shows out.

This has been my thinking for a while now too.  The only slight counter point against it is that I am not sure they are that organised!

All this thread is missing is 'Badge Man' on the grassy knoll :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Great minds, and all that ^_^

Teaches me not to reply in a thread I've only scanned while half drunk

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

All this thread is missing is 'Badge Man' on the grassy knoll :rolleyes:

I'm afraid you know too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

On the subject of artwork, why haven't we had this on a cover yet?

image.png.ddd07668d95e705648746396a2e2e04b.png

When was the last time he did this on tenth avenue? 2013 or later? 

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

When was the last time he did this on tenth avenue? 2013 or later? 

He had his back surgery in late 2013 so I'd be surprised if he did it after then. 

Though March Madness 2014 is coming to my mind too?

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Apparently, the delay has nothing to do with the show itself but has everything to do with Erik's essay.

It seems that the forthcoming show is so phenomenal that Erik turns into a quivering wreck every time he sits down to write. He's presently lying down in a darkened room (again) composing himself to finish it. 

There will be more tears.

“Stop it Stevie. Stop it Big Man. Stop it Roy. You’re killing us with your melodic beauty.”

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

“Stop it Stevie. Stop it Big Man. Stop it Roy. You’re killing us with your melodic beauty.”

Lol.  I don’t think even Pravda was ever so sycophantic!

5 minutes ago, Karembu said:

Lol.  I don’t think even Pravda was ever so sycophantic!

Testify  comrade!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Apparently, the delay has nothing to do with the show itself but has everything to do with Erik's essay.

It seems that the forthcoming show is so phenomenal that Erik turns into a quivering wreck every time he sits down to write. He's presently lying down in a darkened room (again) composing himself to finish it. 

There will be more tears.

He's run out of hyperbolic expressions and overblown language. 

• Like 1