Greasy Lake Community

Friday's Archive Series release delayed for a week

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to get excited about. They're just searching for a bad enough picture to put on the cover.

Apparently, the delay has nothing to do with the show itself but has everything to do with Erik's essay. It seems that the forthcoming show is so phenomenal that Erik turns into a quivering wreck

I think there’s a fair few archive shows I haven’t listened to all the way through and there’s many more than that I’ve only played through once. A week extra to catch up is no hardship whatsoever. 

Posted Images

15 hours ago, badlands78 said:

“Stop it Stevie. Stop it Big Man. Stop it Roy. You’re killing us with your melodic beauty.”

11 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

He's run out of hyperbolic expressions and overblown language. 

Yes indeed. What should he write now when there is really something exceptional? Like a 1976 show, or Seattle 20 December 1978, or L.A. 20 August 1981.

Must say Seattle seems very unlikely and one can only hope there is at least a soundboard tape of L.A. 20 August 1981 (all evidence seems to be the Vietnam show was not professionally recorded). 

Im thinking its probably not going to be my Moncton (very stadium set list only 26 songs - no 78 intro) 

But i live and hope there is a quality recording released one day

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I wish they would say how long until the release is expected, or just cancel it and say wait for september

that would require actual communication .......

• Like 1

You also have to likely accept that it the 

11 hours ago, lilbud said:

I wish they would say how long until the release is expected, or just cancel it and say wait for september

I would say that if it doesn’t drop before next Friday, the chances of the September release happening on time on the 4th are extremely low. Two releases in the space of three weeks would be great, but extremely optimistic. 

Just now, doesthisbusstop said:

You also have to likely accept that it the 

I would say that if it doesn’t drop before next Friday, the chances of the September release happening on time on the 4th are extremely low. Two releases in the space of three weeks would be great, but extremely optimistic. 

Or if we get the August release, and the September release ends up being a show that doesn't need much work (modern show)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Or if we get the August release, and the September release ends up being a show that doesn't need much work (modern show)

Yep, I always think they have plenty of wrecking ball shows off the shelf good to go. But that thinking also gets my hopes up that this months delay is an early 70’s gem. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why they simply can't have a couple of shows ready at all times. It's basically pretty simple, or at least it should be... A bit unprofessional, in my opinion..

Maybe they should officially cancel August release, and have it hidden somewhere safe, for the next time a delay will occur. :)

• Like 3

im replaying to our psudo Italian friend on this thread because its his thread but my apologies for going off topic

but i was checking my notifications and i thought id been banned

@Paolo's Circus Story

but that thread must've got deleted about the new single as spam :wacko:

so i guess we not getting a new single :(

Screenshot_20200815-133810.png

Screenshot_20200815-134242.png

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

im replaying to our psudo Italian friend on this thread because its his thread

but i was checking my notifications and i thought id been banned

@Paolo's Circus Story

but that thread must've got deleted about the new single as spam :wub:

Screenshot_20200815-133810.png

Yeah, troll posts don't last. 

My reply was something along the lines of how I'm disappointed that this Archive has been delayed because I just want something Bruce related to look forward to. Especially seeing as there's little of that with the real world still being super depressing. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah, troll posts don't last. 

My reply was something along the lines of how I'm disappointed that this Archive has been delayed because I just want something Bruce related to look forward to. Especially seeing as there's little of that with the real world still being super depressing. 

i think many many of us feel the exact same way :(

what you doing up so late ?

you been out having a big night ? 

or are you about to listen to Nebraska in the wee wee hours ;)

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I may or may not be waiting up for the radio show...

good for you Paolo

i can live my fandom through you for a couple of hours 

• Like 1
On 8/8/2020 at 10:58 AM, Born To Walk said:

All this thread is missing is 'Badge Man' on the grassy knoll :rolleyes:

Haha... Jumping forward in time from this to today and I spy with my little eye, a hunchback wielding a banjo shaped rifle as a lethal weapon upon a grassy knoll whilst listening to a Seeger sessions download on his iPod.  Crumbs chief!

Further proof of the great Nugs conspiracy to use delays as an opportunity to release less (conventionally) popular shows?!  Just hope there is a BITUSA shaped cavalry coming over the hill to rescue us in just two more weeks from the banjo shenanigans.  It is surely time for a big release...

Two weeks to listen to the new Killers album in the meantime.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just a far fetched thought, maybe they still haven’t sorted whatever the issue was with the delay, so the SSB show was brought forward from September. Meaning a classic early 70’s mix is still being finalised for release in 12 days time. 

Not gonna lie, I've given this theory some thought as well. Entirely possible. 

• Bruuuuce! 1
Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Not gonna lie, I've given this theory some thought as well. Entirely possible. 

these thoughts you two are having is brightening my day :lol:

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just a far fetched thought, maybe they still haven’t sorted whatever the issue was with the delay, so the SSB show was brought forward from September. Meaning a classic early 70’s mix is still being finalised for release in 12 days time. 

Honestly, that makes quite a bit of sense. A 2006 multitrack tape doesn't seem like a tape to need 3 weeks of work and 2 delays to finish. I wonder if SSB was ever in the cards or if they just picked it out when the tape they wanted was having issues.

• Like 1