Greasy Lake Community

Friday's Archive Series release delayed for a week

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just a far fetched thought, maybe they still haven’t sorted whatever the issue was with the delay, so the SSB show was brought forward from September. 

No it's not far fetched, this is also what I was thinking (or: hoping). In fact I even took my thoughts a step further, because the reason the original release is not finished is because Bob was not back from his Holidays in time to mix the Vet show '81!! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lilbud said:

Honestly, that makes quite a bit of sense. A 2006 multitrack tape doesn't seem like a tape to need 3 weeks of work and 2 delays to finish. I wonder if SSB was ever in the cards or if they just picked it out when the tape they wanted was having issues.

Respectfully disagree. There were a LOT of musicians and instruments and microphones on stage, not to mention a mobile horn section. I think Nugs had a problem getting it right, especially considering all the nuance within a lot of those songs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

Respectfully disagree. There were a LOT of musicians and instruments and microphones on stage, not to mention a mobile horn section. I think Nugs had a problem getting it right, especially considering all the nuance within a lot of those songs.

We will probably never know, unless nugs tells us what the issue causing the delay actually was. But if the next release is not delayed at all and it is a classic show some have been waiting years for, then my theory might not be as far fetched after all. 

So an off the shelf already made 2013 BITUSA full album show next up it is then :lol:

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, doesthisbusstop said:

So an off the shelf already made 2013 BITUSA full album show next up it is then :lol:

Well, let's hope it's Nijmegen, The Netherlands 2013 then, with a full Darkness! (And my first show :rolleyes:

• Love Love Love! 1

7 hours ago, Wout said:

Well, let's hope it's Nijmegen, The Netherlands 2013 then, with a full Darkness! (And my first show :rolleyes:

Today I was thinking about this show that it would be a great archive release. And also the great acoustic opening version of Tom Joad. Brilliant!! 
it is a shame that there is no full and good recording of this show only that is already a good reason for a release 

• Like 1