BrilliantDisguise

Bruce in Asbury Park today...

1 hour ago, stillilllife said:

Yes.
This was Clarence's last performance:

I did not know Lady Gaga was in Avatar. That's awesome.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:
5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

That's the car I need for my drive in movie experience this evening.:wub:

What are you going to see?

You too Anne eh!

We haven't been doing much / going very far AT ALL (since mid-March) but we have taken in a couple of "drive ins" these past 2 weeks at a nice little one near Hemsby on the Norfolk coast. Back To The Future last week and last night we did Grease.  Good fun! (great "sound" in the car via FM radio channel)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

There is more sex appeal in that car alone then everything that's been produced in the 21st century 

Yes. And about a fifth the reliability and maybe—maybe—10% the safety features. Don't get me wrong, I too think it's gorgeous and would love one. But not being either an expert auto mechanic or a multi-multi-multi-millionaire, I'll never have one. :) 

28 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

You too Anne eh!

We haven't been doing much / going very far AT ALL (since mid-March) but we have taken in a couple of "drive ins" these past 2 weeks at a nice little one near Hemsby on the Norfolk coast. Back To The Future last week and last night we did Grease.  Good fun! (great "sound" in the car via FM radio channel)

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

What are you going to see?

We saw Back to the Future this evening and La La Land a couple of weeks ago - both at Warwick castle. Really enjoyed them, excellent sound and a very clear view of the screen. Toy Story 4 coming up next week - to infinity and beyond...

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

You too Anne eh!

8 minutes ago, whispered secret said:

We saw Back to the Future this evening and La La Land a couple of weeks ago - both at Warwick castle. Really enjoyed them, excellent sound and a very clear view of the screen. Toy Story 4 coming up next week - to infinity and beyond...

Nice. Love Back to the Future. Tried watching La La Land during lockdown and struggled to get into it, I might have to give it another go at some point. 

• Like 1

I had forgotten how good Back to The Future  is. I think La La Land is a marmite film, we both love it but I have friends who think it's dreadful.

• Like 2

Boy has This  thread gone off topic....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

I’d watch Back to the Future every time it was on TV. What a film.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I've never seen it but I've watched La La Land lots - almost put it on again this evening. Love it!

Just now, Eileen said:

I've never seen it but I've watched La La Land lots - almost put it on again this evening. Love it!

Never seen that one! Will try it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Breakaway said:

He's sitting in his own car with a friend he's probably hung out all day with already. 

Which is what everybody says. Do you think Bruce did an extensive background search on where the guy has been over the last two weeks? 
I’m not knocking him (nor am I excluding myself), I’m just saying that he’s like everybody else. Criticize everybody that doesn’t follow the mask guidelines, then don’t follow the mask guidelines at time ourselves. 

• Like 1

Do folk over the pond not have to distance themselves from others? If you're not in a 'bubble' over here you'd not be expected to be in a car with someone. Especially without a mask.

1 hour ago, whispered secret said:

I had forgotten how good Back to The Future  is.

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

The last time I watched it was on Christmas Day - it was on Channel 4 or Film4, one of the 4s - and both of these exact thoughts went through my head. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, whispered secret said:

I had forgotten how good Back to The Future  is. I think La La Land is a marmite film, we both love it but I have friends who think it's dreadful.

The first movie i saw at night and the first movie i ever saw twice

I was at intermediate school 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

Yes. And about a fifth the reliability and maybe—maybe—10% the safety features. Don't get me wrong, I too think it's gorgeous and would love one. But not being either an expert auto mechanic or a multi-multi-multi-millionaire, I'll never have one. :) 

Saw one of these down the vehicle testing station when we went to get a warrent on Monday

It had just been restored - didn't even have it's plates yet 

I was a bit disappointed when Gary told me the size of the engine

Volkswagen_Karmann-Ghia_Type_14_coupe_(6106019298).jpg

• Like 2

"Wear a damn mask."

Bruce Springsteen

• Like 2

The car means a new album rather than Tracks 2.

(says me just surmising and making shit up; but it is what I think, and how I think Bruce uses imagery)

• Bruuuuce! 1

According to a source on the Steve Hoffman forum (no idea as to his reliability) there was "supposedly a remote conference call recently regarding scheduling and sorting out the dates for November, narrowing in on Nov 13th or 20th" and that "behind the scenes they are starting to get promotional materials ready". Suggestions are that it is Tracks 2 and rumours are of 10CDs.

It certainly makes sense for it to be Tracks 2 - if it isn't coming out this year then it surely never will. We don't know the status of the new album, apart from Nils saying how great it is. We don't know if (a) it is finished and/or (b) whether Bruce is happy with it. What we do know is that, either in support of a new studio album or a potential BUSA box, they are not in a position to tour behind either of these at the present, which surely would be the intention. Which leaves autumn 2020 as the ideal slot for Tracks 2. Let's just hope that if it is so many CDs it is not priced in McCartney/Pink Floyd territory that rules out a large chunk of his fanbase, especially in these difficult times.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

38 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

According to a source on the Steve Hoffman forum (no idea as to his reliability) there was "supposedly a remote conference call recently regarding scheduling and sorting out the dates for November, narrowing in on Nov 13th or 20th" and that "behind the scenes they are starting to get promotional materials ready". Suggestions are that it is Tracks 2 and rumours are of 10CDs.

It certainly makes sense for it to be Tracks 2 - if it isn't coming out this year then it surely never will. We don't know the status of the new album, apart from Nils saying how great it is. We don't know if (a) it is finished and/or (b) whether Bruce is happy with it. What we do know is that, either in support of a new studio album or a potential BUSA box, they are not in a position to tour behind either of these at the present, which surely would be the intention. Which leaves autumn 2020 as the ideal slot for Tracks 2. Let's just hope that if it is so many CDs it is not priced in McCartney/Pink Floyd territory that rules out a large chunk of his fanbase, especially in these difficult times.

This post has me wetting my pants in excitement

Although i am worried how much a 10 disk set would cost not even taking into account the exchange rate

The New Jersey guidelines for masks do not require him to wear a mask in his car. 

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/how-to-protect-yourself/should-i-wear-a-mask-to-stop-the-spread-of-covid-19

For all we know it is possible that both gentlemen thought it was responsible to share a car. Maybe they both had good reason to think there was a low risk either of them could be infected.

• Like 2

On 8/6/2020 at 8:34 AM, BruceWho said:

One assumes that they both have been tested and are "sure" that they are virus free!!? 

I am ‘assuming’ the same, based the things I’ve heard him say about how he and Patti have been living their lives.  

Still not sure I’d personally take that chance (too many reports of false negatives, amount other things...). 

Just hoping they’re both TRULY healthy and remain that way. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jertucky said:

Do you think Bruce did an extensive background search on where the guy has been over the last two weeks? 

Actually yes, I do think he did. 

I could be wrong of course, but I do have confidence that they BOTH researched the habits of the other over the past several weeks, and yes, probably both got tested as well.  

Agsin, just hoping they’re both truly healthy, and remain that way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rosiejaneymary said:

Actually yes, I do think he did. 

I could be wrong of course, but I do have confidence that they BOTH researched the habits of the other over the past several weeks, and yes, probably both got tested as well.  

Agsin, just hoping they’re both truly healthy, and remain that way. 

I agree

I think by the mare fact he made it to 30 never mind 70 in his bussiness healthy and addiction free says something for him taking care of him self 

I would hope that ever person in a country with community transmission of covid 19 is being very choosy over which of their freinds and family they choose to hang out with

I mean Gary and I  have friends neither of us would  feel safe with going out in a boat 

I'm pretty sure id be safe hanging out with you and Mr RJM ....mind you we'd need to find a teleporter because i would not be going near an airport for a million dollars right now 

• Like 1