riverdude2

First Time Hearing Dancing In The Dark

There are a number of these types of YouTube channels now. people hearing and reviewing songs for the first time. Lost in Vegas is an entertaining one. I like the critique of the dancing here. Not one of Bruces finer moments. 

Did they like it?  I couldn't tell .... couldn't understand a word they said.  I think they should just listen to a track without the video. 

BTW when that rap song came on at the start, my dog ran out of the room. :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Rizla said:

BTW when that rap song came on at the start, my dog ran out of the room. :unsure:

Smart dog.

• Like 3

God, I couldn't understand a lot of what they were saying.

They sure liked it more than when I first heard it;

I was riding in a car and it came on the radio and I went "That's Bruce?!?? Oh MAN, what happened to him?"

Sounded okay now, it's overproduced and the video sucks, but there was a great song hiding in there (which finally got out at the '86 Bridge show).

I now need to get it out of my head.

1 hour ago, Rizla said:

Did they like it?  I couldn't tell .... couldn't understand a word they said. 

They said they thought he looked like Elvis! :wacko:

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

That dancing in the dark video is the reason I became a fan. I vividly remember watching it for the first time on Top of the pops in the UK. And I bet there’s plenty like me who can say the same. 

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

3 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That dancing in the dark video is the reason I became a fan. I vividly remember watching it for the first time on Top of the pops in the UK. And I bet there’s plenty like me who can say the same. 

Me.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

I LOVED 'Dancing In The Dark' in spite of the video which is cringe.  I still love DITD.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

That's one cool rocking daddy

And you have great taste ! 

I loved they said he danced like Elvis

I love that video

Bruce was/is still hot

I love his dancing

I also still love 80s music videos

• Like 1

11 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

These two guys are great.

Check out the other ones they hear for the first time. In The Air Tonight is a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TwinsthenewTrend/videos

I wanted to hate this 

But it was kinda funny

Plus any excuse to see dancing in the dark video is a great way to start the day 

I ganna check out the Phil Collins one next 

I think those boys might be mumblers because i could understand them perfectly 

4 hours ago, Rizla said:

Did they like it?  I couldn't tell .... couldn't understand a word they said.  I think they should just listen to a track without the video. 

I almost ran outta the room

@riverdude2

These guys are gold !

Loved in the air tonight

Ohhhh their faces when the drums kicked in :wub:

I also watched Wichita linemen 

• Like 1

The song didn't make me a fan, but I quite like it though and the live versions always bring a smile to my face and make my toes wiggle. I do think the song is brilliant though in actually showing what a depression is like. On the outside there are the smiles, the dancing, the happiness. But inside the head there is the dark with thoughts that sometimes make one's skin crawl. I've had severe depressions in the past soN I know what it is like. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BossfanNL said:

The song didn't make me a fan, but I quite like it though and the live versions always bring a smile to my face and make my toes wiggle. I do think the song is brilliant though in actually showing what a depression is like. On the outside there are the smiles, the dancing, the happiness. But inside the head there is the dark with thoughts that sometimes make one's skin crawl. I've had severe depressions in the past soN I know what it is like. 

In 1984 i was too young to realize what it was really about

Putting it in the encore as a big party sing along 'dance with me Bruce ' extravaganza doesn't really help it either

• Love Love Love! 1

16 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Putting it in the encore as a big party sing along 'dance with me Bruce ' extravaganza doesn't really help it either

That's why the best live versions of the song were on the Rising Tour, in the then-new more guitar oriented arrangement with no ladies on stage.

More in general, all live versions from the Reunion Era until at a certain moment the ladies came on stage again.

• Like 1