Greasy Lake Community

Patti Scialfa on Quarantine Life in New Jersey, Writing Music for Teen Drama ‘Pearl’

Bruce just came in and said, “It needs a solo. It has to be longer.” “I don’t want it to have a solo. I just want it to be really capsulized and really, exactly what it’s saying without anything taking away from the focus of that.” He just goes, “No. It’s too short.” 

"So this is how The River sessions felt, huh?"

7f17bb7039ad47e

• Haha 5

Fascinating read, that's for posting @Scott Peterson

Its reasuring to know they are safe and as a family are up with social distancing

But i thought over a year ago she had her 4th album ready to go

Also she wasn't on the last tour

The last tour was the summer down under tour and Patti stayed home as far as i remember, she certainly did not come to NZ 

Also good to know Bruce is working

There home studio set up sounds almost perfect built for a pandemic but that would mean his next record won't feature the ESB 

And why didn't they ask her about Atlas shrugged ??? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

There home studio set up sounds almost perfect built for a pandemic but that would mean his next record won't feature the ESB 

Maybe he's just recording his parts and then sending it to the different band members so they can dub their parts onto it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Maybe he's just recording his parts and then sending it to the different band members so they can dub their parts onto it

That would be preferable

I mean not meaning to be too picky durring a pandemic, just glad when anyone can work from home 

Terribly depressing, frightening interview.

Andy Greene wants mandatory vaccines, and shoves his opinion of "worry" that 1/3 of the population might have the freedom to choose what they do with their body, in the interview.

Let those who want it get it. They'll be safe then according to logic, the same way a flu vaccine is supposed to help those who get the shot; they don't need the whole world to have gotten it also for it to protect them.

• Like 1

Patti's words are cheering me up

Ive been down in the dumps and nothing is going right for way too long but with reading Patti's interview and listening to the guitar solo thread i have hope again i will get to see my 78 intro for myself finally

1 hour ago, larf said:

How cool would it be able to just show up and have drinks with Bruce and Patti on their porch?

Id be happy just drinking from their garden hose 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for link .

Lovely little insight to Patti and Bruce world.  So they have family social distancing issues/ no hugs  just like the rest of us.

Pleased there's new music in the works from both of them.

Sobering and but realistic views on future touring- until there is some sort of Covid19 combatative vaccine  the world ain't changing a great lot from where

we are now ^_^

• Like 1

When talking about making music, the interview is great. The part about big tours/shows is depressing. I think arena/stadium shows are done....& I'm talking for the foreseeable future, not even 2022. How long will it take to get this country, Europe, the entire world, inoculated? I dont see major tours coming back for at least 3, possibly 4 years. No one even knows what each individual person's side~effects might be, or if the vaccines will work for everyone. As far as audience participation/contact the way Bruce does it, sorry....that's history. Performers will keep to the perimeters of the stage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JustDan said:

When talking about making music, the interview is great. The part about big tours/shows is depressing. I think arena/stadium shows are done....& I'm talking for the foreseeable future, not even 2022. How long will it take to get this country, Europe, the entire world, inoculated? I dont see major tours coming back for at least 3, possibly 4 years. No one even knows what each individual person's side~effects might be, or if the vaccines will work for everyone. As far as audience participation/contact the way Bruce does it, sorry....that's history. Performers will keep to the perimeters of the stage.

Agreed. Live music as we knew it is finished, never to return.

• Sad 2

34 minutes ago, JustDan said:

It's surely a long way off. I am thankful I got to see the shows I did.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1