Greasy Lake Community

A moment the internet can't shut up about

And as to something that would break the internet, if Kermit the frog has covered Johnny Cash covering NIN’s Hurt then how about a video of Baby Yoda covering Born to Run? Internet dynamite!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As for a Bruce moment that's held in similar regard by both us mad lot and the general public, I've gotta go for this one. I've said before but I do think it's the moment from this century where a lot

There's a thread trending on this very site that may qualify

Almost 89 MILLION views on that video. That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Love Bruce as a guitarist but.....

There’s single licks on that Prince solo that Bruce couldn’t play if he had 6 hands. 

Different levels entirely. 

I respectively disagree. I believe even Steven could pull it off. Take away the show, and you have just another solo.

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I respectively disagree. I believe even Steven could pull it off. Take away the show, and you have just another solo.

Honestly mate, not a prayer. If we’re talking show over technique then we need to talk Morello (who I love as a guitarist by the way).

Prince plays at a stratosphere far removed from Bruce or Steve.

Nils is the only one of the 3 who can get close to Prince. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Honestly mate, not a prayer. If we’re talking show over technique then we need to talk Morello (who I love as a guitarist by the way).

Prince plays at a stratosphere far removed from Bruce or Steve.

Nils is the only one of the 3 who can get close to Prince. 

that's why Nils did the purple rain solo

• Like 1
On 8/16/2020 at 11:48 AM, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Ever so often that outerwordly insane Prince solo pops up in an Social Media news item. Does Bruce have one of those moments that keeps getting recycled?

https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/prince-beatles-george-harrison-while-my-guitar-gently-weeps-solo/

As much as I like that solo and admire Prince as a guitar player the thing that really makes that performance work is the perfect descending A minor chord sequence that sits under it. I guess I'm saying that George Harrison wrote a beauty of a piece of music just ideal for for a bit of A minor pentatonic soloing - the first minor pentatonic scale most of us learn and that Prince's performance here - though good - is not that special from a guitarist's perspective. The song - in this case - makes the solo work.