Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done with this thread.... I am afraid I'll get banned if I tell whats in my heart. I was beyond moved last night, and the true contents of the discussion of what it means will be discouraged

Per title.  So Bruce's haircut is pretty cool - Patti did a good job - and they both look well.  What do you all think about Bruce's haircut and how they're looking? 

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Watching it made me cry at my office desk this morning. And I don't think that I'm an over-emotional wreck,  so I'd say the video is very efficient.   I

Posted Images

Watching that video our worries about his haircut during the Vote for Change tour seem so much smaller in comparison with his haircut today. And our worries about that haircut were huge!

They both have a nice natural skin tone by the way, I hope to see more of that in the future, nice natural skin tones.

• Like 2

I remember @JoanFontaine saying in one of her posts a while ago that political discussion is not allowed, but when/if Bruce makes a political statement, then the discussion will be tolerated. 

I'm not saying this because I would desire to ignite a political debate here. The fact is that Bruce has made a political statement par excellence, and the idea that we are willing to pretend to be talking about his hair is humiliating. 

• Like 9
58 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Watching it made me cry at my office desk this morning. And I don't think that I'm an over-emotional wreck,  so I'd say the video is very efficient.  

I would have made my statement with a new song, though. It's nice to see Bruce do the recycling, but with talent like his, I don't see the need. But apparently The Rising has a special significance to the Americans, so maybe that's why. 

my biggest surprise of my first ever Bruce concert in Moncton ... ok its Canada but its close to the boarder so tons of Americans

the Rising was a crowd favourite and it was like everyone knew the words

16 minutes ago, Silvia said:

I remember @JoanFontaine saying in one of her posts a while ago that political discussion is not allowed, but when/if Bruce makes a political statement, then the discussion will be tolerated. 

I'm not saying this because I would desire to ignite a political debate here. The fact is that Bruce has made a political statement par excellence, and the idea that we are willing to pretend to be talking about his hair is humiliating. 

You're right you know. With the gravity of the situation I need humor to lighten up this heavy feeling it gives me. But with kids in cages, I see it as our civic duty not to beat around the bush. At the same time, I view this place as someone's living room where I'm the guest. Hard to reconcile the two some times.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Watching that video our worries about his haircut during the Vote for Change tour seem so much smaller in comparison with his haircut today. And our worries about that haircut were huge!

They both have a nice natural skin tone by the way, I hope to see more of that in the future, nice natural skin tones.

that's because the cheif barber back durring the vote for change was actually a human being at the end of the day and rightly or wrongly he did try to do what he thought was right for all the different hair styles in the US at that time

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Thank you - I hadn't seen this. Perfect video, perfect song.

Good luck to all of us ... cos we all matter as far as who gets in over yonder.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

The video expresses what we can't discuss well enough

This video revived (the studio version of) The Rising for me. Hadn't listened to the studio version in years and was worn out on the live versions. It's a really good song. Not among my favorites, but almost in 2002 and almost now too.

• Bruuuuce! 2
17 minutes ago, stillilllife said:

This video revived (the studio version of) The Rising for me. Hadn't listened to the studio version in years and was worn out on the live versions. It's a really good song. Not among my favorites, but almost in 2002 and almost now too.

Back in 2001 the song The Rising got me back into Bruce's music after a long hiatus. I think it's a great song, and I haven't stopped listening since.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
2 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Back in 2001 the song The Rising got me back into Bruce's music after a long hiatus. I think it's a great song, and I haven't stopped listening since.

I think it’s a rightful live staple next to the classics 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

I prefer the natural look to the spray tans and hair dye he usually favours.

Yeah he's had a "short" cut before over the years but the thing I was glad to see moreso was the fact that the hair dye well has obviously run dry during lockdown and that (as a guy in his 70's) he is "finally" letting (at least a bit "more" of) his natural grey come through (although I suspect the last of the dye is still being used on top!). Hopefully he sticks with this now...……...over to you Macca!!?  P.S. Great video, great song, great use! 

• Like 2