Greasy Lake Community

16 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I think the RNC should use The Rising with pictures of every one of the 174,000 people who have tragically lost their lives to Covid in your country.

My understanding is they may use "The Way it is" By Bruce Hornsby instead. Its comes closest to the feelings of the Leader of our County. You know it is what is after all. :(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done with this thread.... I am afraid I'll get banned if I tell whats in my heart. I was beyond moved last night, and the true contents of the discussion of what it means will be discouraged

Per title.  So Bruce's haircut is pretty cool - Patti did a good job - and they both look well.  What do you all think about Bruce's haircut and how they're looking? 

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Watching it made me cry at my office desk this morning. And I don't think that I'm an over-emotional wreck,  so I'd say the video is very efficient.   I

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

I'm curious, what are your go to news sources of the people participating in this discussion?

I put my trust in the Guardian, the New York Times and Vox. I go to Fox if I want an alternative universe, Just to step outside of my bubble.

Another side note, a big thanks to the moderators for allowing is some room to deviate. And equally big for the people who don't agree with me but have left my head on. It feels good talking this way to you all. 

I usually use a variety CNN, Fox, MSNBC, occasionally Sky or CSPAN. All US outlets are biased politically whether right or left IMO

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I think the RNC should use The Rising with pictures of every one of the 174,000 people who have tragically lost their lives to Covid in your country.

is that what the Democrats did?

17 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Is the post in your parts compelled to deliver the mail at no extra charge? There's people living at the bottom of the Grand Canyon for example that are now insured of mail delivery. There's some remote parts in the US.

Though I guess you can compell the mail delivery services by law to do so and cap fees.

letters cost the same everywhere in NZ but there is a different courier and parcel post rate if its a rural delivery adress 

i assume the Chatham islands are similar but i don't know anyone who lives there to post them a letter, 

this story is a few years old from NZ geographic

Pit island is a remote island in the Chatham group way out to the east 

https://www.nzgeo.com/stories/going-postal/

On 8/20/2020 at 6:49 AM, Jimmy James said:

It's our obligation, to give 10% of our wages to charity.  So now all can have a run at that. We have 4 charities we give to. And we only give to organizations that have over 80% of monies go to the cause. Whyhunger has a 85.3% Thank you Bruce.

I'm glad to see that you research how the organizations you support use their money. I tried educating my mother in law and her hubby about using a tool like Charity Navigator to research where she was donating to as she gives money to any fly by night group that sends her a mailing but she want interested. I admit, except for the University that have me the education that provided my livelihood I've ended up supporting local organizations rather than large national groups. 

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 5:47 AM, MagicRatAFC said:

And AJ, the day when we don't need dog shelters or dog rescue is certainly one I dream about.

I was on the board of our local humane society for eight years and we always said that what our ultimate goal  was to put ourselves out of business as there would no longer be a need. I don't think that'll happen in my lifetime but we have managed to eliminate the euthanasia of any adoptable animals, young ones, and even those that have a chance of surviving with veterinarian care. There are even hospice homes that take in elderly animals or those with cancers for end of life care in a home environment. Things have come a long way in the last 16 years.

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Hug 1
1 hour ago, Troublette said:

You have to wonder sometimes!

Just drive thru Illinois at any given time. For a state with no money, they know how to spend it.

On 8/21/2020 at 2:34 PM, THUE said:

My understanding is they may use "The Way it is" By Bruce Hornsby instead. Its comes closest to the feelings of the Leader of our County. You know it is what is after all. :(

Much to Mick Jagger's chagrin, he'll probably drag out "You Can't Always Get What You Want" yet again. In this case, what we wanted was a uniform federal response to an unprecedented pandemic that he was wholly unwilling and incapable of delivering.

• Like 3
On 8/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I believe your count is short between 34,000 and 61,000.

Why did Melania wear a Soviet uniform at the convention?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
15 minutes ago, Silvia said:

i just went to have a look

i quite like olive but it did look very authoritarian on her very tall almost imposing figer 

but i was shocked i didn't know what she sounded like after 4 years

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

Watching it last night my wife said the libs will be up in arms over what she wore last night. It did look a bit military like.:)

Just now, the highway is alive said:

lots of judgement here,,,,,i am sad that bruce has thrown his lot in with the demon-crats,,,,,but only god can judge him as for trump you should respect our sitting president,, 

Popcorn_Box-vi.gif.1c87867c63cdc7301f8f2d836b0cb6cb.gif

58 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

its called fashion sweetie, look it up.....the only soviets here were at the democrat convention.....

Are you a fan of musicals?

What's your thoughts on the aesthetics in "Cabaret"?

Asking for a friend.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Are you a fan of musicals?

What's your thoughts on the aesthetics in "Cabaret"?

Asking for a friend.........

Thanks, Uncle Rat.

• Haha 1

The irony is that she was talking about how proud she was to fulfill her American Dream, after growing up in communist Slovenia....

You should have been able to read the comments on our social media. I would have gladly translated the best ones, but would only get this thread locked.

I think her image in front of all those American flags dressed as Helga from Allo Allo will go into history.

That said, I know she expresses herself through immaculate outfits, usually very appropriate for the occasion.

This outfit was loud, she must really hate him. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Silvia said:

The irony is that she was talking about how proud she was to fulfill her American Dream, after growing up in communist Slovenia....

You should have been able to read the comments on our social media. I would have gladly translated the best ones, but would only get this thread locked.

I think her image in front of all those American flags dressed as Helga from Allo Allo will go into history.

That said, I know she expresses herself through immaculate outfits, usually very appropriate for the occasion.

This outfit was loud, she must really hate him. 

I always feel sorry for her.

• Like 2