Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just done with this thread.... I am afraid I'll get banned if I tell whats in my heart. I was beyond moved last night, and the true contents of the discussion of what it means will be discouraged

Per title.  So Bruce's haircut is pretty cool - Patti did a good job - and they both look well.  What do you all think about Bruce's haircut and how they're looking? 

I'm going to be brutally honest with you. Watching it made me cry at my office desk this morning. And I don't think that I'm an over-emotional wreck,  so I'd say the video is very efficient.   I

Posted Images

5 hours ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Full version

That’s was a good, pretty inspiring video. I turned it off as soon as the Joe Biden stuff popped up. 
I won’t be voting for either if the main party candidates this fall and I really don’t need to want to see ads for either of them in the process.

Edit: I’ll add that it’s good to see some natural hair color. Few things look as silly to me as a 70 year old man with a full head of non-gray hair. 

• Like 1

I like white or grey haired women. Look for example at Joan Baez or Emmylou Harris, just stunning!!

Emmylou_Harris_2006_2.jpg.6cd8d8e3285ef2574cac9da658649c38.jpg

White hair on men look great too, just look at Michael Douglas or Bill Clinton or anyone else... 

Sorry for derailing the thread I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the video haha

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Wout said:

Sorry for derailing the thread I know it has absolutely nothing to do with the video haha

Don't apologise, Wout, you've done nothing wrong. The purpose of this thread was discuss Bruce's hair and how two people around the age of 70 are looking.

Thanks for sticking to the theme with your post. If this was to escalate into discussion about the video/politics I'm about 63% certain I would be banned for starting it. 

• Like 2

Oh, actually, I made a mistake, sorry!

The purpose of this thread was discuss Bruce's hair and how two people around the age of 70 are looking.

This wasn't completely accurate. Let us also discuss "The Rising".

"The Rising" is the title track on Bruce Springsteen's 12th studio album The Rising, and was released as a single in 2002. Springsteen wrote the song in reaction to the September 11, 2001 attacks on New York City. It gained critical praise and earned Grammy Awards for Best Rock Song and Best Male Rock Vocal Performance, as well as a nomination for Song of the Year. Rolling Stone named it the 35th best song of the decade, and VH1placed it 81st on its list of the "100 Greatest Songs of the '00s".

The song's probably kept its place in E Street setlists going forward, huh?

1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

That’s was a good, pretty inspiring video. I turned it off as soon as the Joe Biden stuff popped up. 
I won’t be voting for either if the main party candidates this fall and I really don’t need to want to see ads for either of them in the process.

Edit: I’ll add that it’s good to see some natural hair color. Few things look as silly to me as a 70 year old man with a full head of non-gray hair. 

Thanks for your contribution to the hair discussion. Bruce clearly saw that The Jervi has embraced the grey and felt inclined to follow suit.

Sorry, I'll have to ignore your first two sentences as they don't relate directly to the theme of the thread. I know threads drifting off into different topics of discussion is one of the charming aspects of Greasy Lake, but in this instance it can't be done. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Thanks for your contribution to the hair discussion. Bruce clearly saw that The Jervi has embraced the grey and felt inclined to follow suit.

Sorry, I'll have to ignore your first two sentences as they don't relate directly to the theme of the thread. I know threads drifting off into different topics of discussion is one of the charming aspects of Greasy Lake, but in this instance it can't be done. 

You may have misunderstood my intention with the first two sentences. By referring to it as a “good, inspiring video” I was trying relate how I have needed to get my own hair cut and am now inspired to do so. I turned it off when Biden appeared not because of a disdain for his specific political beliefs or for displeasure with the political process overall but because of his outdated hairstyle. 
I hope this clears up any confusion and allows the thread to stay on the proper track going forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Jertucky said:

I agree with you, if they would have omitted the Biden speech, the video would have been even more powerful. I don't understand why everything has to be so directly formulated in USA. Like otherwise, people wouldn't get the message, which I believe is not correct.

(I owe you my reply re the alcohol, but I'm still at work)

• Like 2

The highlight of this thread, sorry Paolo...

When your hair turns to silver
I'll still call you Delta flower..

:D

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Jertucky said:

You may have misunderstood my intention with the first two sentences. By referring to it as a “good, inspiring video” I was trying relate how I have needed to get my own hair cut and am now inspired to do so. I turned it off when Biden appeared not because of a disdain for his specific political beliefs or for displeasure with the political process overall but because of his outdated hairstyle. 
I hope this clears up any confusion and allows the thread to stay on the proper track going forward.

Thank you for your clarification. Feel free to carry on. 

27 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Don't apologise, Wout, you've done nothing wrong. The purpose of this thread was discuss Bruce's hair and how two people around the age of 70 are looking.

Now hold on a second...I must interject. Patti's only 67.

3 hours ago, redwire said:

Unfortunately Americans have to choose between two horrible candidates, and Bruce, too, has to pick one of them.

Well it looks as Red is the only one brave enough to tell the truth. 

27 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Well it looks as Red is the only one brave enough to tell the truth. 

That's not what this thread is about. This is a thread dedicated to Bruce's new hairstyle, how he and Patti are looking, and also for discussion about "The Rising" and how it's now going to bang in the charts. 

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

I watched and was inspired. I was moved. I ..... (Post edited)

Hey Buddha, the parts of your comments you edit or intentionally leave unspoken...they are the most significant elements of your thoughts. The posts were you don't stop writing, and just pour it all out, they are really beautiful to read.  

Had to tell you. Now that JF is gone, we need all the lost and poetic souls of the Lake to keep the fire burning. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 3