• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

E Street Band

me

I never want to see Bono appear with Bruce again!

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Wout said:

I think Mark has said in an interview that he dislikes 'the act' Bruce.  

Mark for some things is a very strange guy. As with the relationship with his brother. In short, each one in his house and God in everyone's (this is a Spanish proverb, I have no idea if it translates that way or not).

4 minutes ago, BrilliantDisguise said:

I was at this show at MSG, 10-15 rows off the stage. When Bruce came out I fully understood the meaning of "so loud you can't hear yourself think

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jackson-browne/1983/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-bd89d96.html

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Hey @JimCT, had Bruce ever play with Jerry or any others from the Dead?

No, but Clarence did , a lot, both with the G-Dead and with the JGB - latest JGB release is 9/16/89 @ Poplar Creek

• Like 1
1 hour ago, phantomengineer said:

Oh, OK. Then also Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison, Buddy Holly and Paul McCartney. (The original one)

Paul McCartney (the original)......Ohh, I get it...mocking. Gee, thanks.

• Like 1
On 8/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Lampi said:

PJ Harvey.

Neneh Cherry or Alison Krauss would be cool too, out of the box.

More into the box: Lucinda Williams, Steve Earle, Cowboy Junkies?

On stage where?

I'd like to see a world where there are concerts again - and not these "social distancing, wearing masks" concerts that some (Willie Nile?) are attempting.

Then it could be ANYBODY on stage, and be VASTLY preferable to how it is now.

18 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Jackson Browne

Emmylou

Don Henley

Would love to hear The End Of The Innocence with Don Henley. It would give Roy the chance to play Bruce Hornsby's piano part too, which would be great.

• Like 2

Anne Murray!

Wait. a minute....

tourAM1.jpg

"The encore is where things really got crazy. Or should we say, they really got crazy, eh? That's right, the advance rumors were true, as Canadian songbird Anne Murray took the stage. After a rousing "Protection," Springsteen told the crowd, "Let's have a big hand for Ms. Anne Murray! This has been a long time comin' -- we opened for her in Central Park many, many, many years ago -- some of you probably weren't born yet -- and, and she got booed off the stage. We thought that was funny at the time. Ah, the folly of youth, the folly of youth."

After encouraging Murray to lead the E Streeters through her own "I Just Fall in Love Again," Bruce and Steve began mugging and cracking each other up, even breaking into a slow dance together, rolling their eyes at their once-headliner. It was classic Bruce and Steve! "You know, Bruce," said Murray, her voice breaking as she stopped mid-song, "It's true what everybody always says about you -- you can be a real bastard." Roy's piano work on this one was truly magnificent."

https://www.backstreets.com/news040108.html

14 minutes ago, japaneseguitar said:

Anne Murray!

Wait. a minute....

tourAM1.jpg

"The encore is where things really got crazy. Or should we say, they really got crazy, eh? That's right, the advance rumors were true, as Canadian songbird Anne Murray took the stage. After a rousing "Protection," Springsteen told the crowd, "Let's have a big hand for Ms. Anne Murray! This has been a long time comin' -- we opened for her in Central Park many, many, many years ago -- some of you probably weren't born yet -- and, and she got booed off the stage. We thought that was funny at the time. Ah, the folly of youth, the folly of youth."

After encouraging Murray to lead the E Streeters through her own "I Just Fall in Love Again," Bruce and Steve began mugging and cracking each other up, even breaking into a slow dance together, rolling their eyes at their once-headliner. It was classic Bruce and Steve! "You know, Bruce," said Murray, her voice breaking as she stopped mid-song, "It's true what everybody always says about you -- you can be a real bastard." Roy's piano work on this one was truly magnificent."

https://www.backstreets.com/news040108.html

I was really confused by this article, particularly when they said he played Protection (!), but then I saw that it was posted on April 1st... :( 

• Sad 1