Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2020/21 Premier League thread

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think he's right. It has just become a ritual that has lost its impact and will make no difference to the amount of racial abuse players receive when crowds return. I don't know what the soluti

Crowds will be allowed back in to all UK grounds from 17th may with a 10K maximum.  

It is almost like Christmas...   Starting tomorrow (friday) there is TGLITW football EVERY day for the next ELEVEN days   This time last year we had no footie at all 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

The top 4 race is going to be fascinating until the end of the season. Realistically two places are left up for grabs and it would be fantastic if West Ham and Leicester got them. 

I worry a bit about West Ham.  They are a legitimately good team this season and even, yes, fun to watch.  I'd hate to see them get a spot in the UCL and get their heads kicked in next season.  The team and its fans deserve better than that. OTOH it would be nice bit of money for them.  

Diagne strike ruled out - VAR does not overturn decision as officials could not access conclusive angle

really and they can guess at all the valid goals they disallowed for Liverpool and Wolves recently?

It is almost like Christmas...

Starting tomorrow (friday) there is TGLITW football EVERY day for the next ELEVEN days:)

This time last year we had no footie at all :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

West ham keep up the trend of london sides being spursy

a comical own goal and Dawson already in the showers

and now a second comical own goal

25 minutes ago, AMIW said:

West ham keep up the trend of london sides being spursy

a comical own goal and Dawson already in the showers

and now a second comical own goal

It looks like a complete melt down and that should be Fulham sent down.  

the race for all the euro competition spots

The top four teams in the Premier League will qualify for the Champions League group stage. Leaders Manchester City are assured of a Champions League spot.

The fifth-placed Premier League team will qualify for the Europa League group stage, along with the FA Cup winners (Leicester or Chelsea) unless they have finished in the top five, in which case that Europa place reverts to the league.

If Tottenham win the Carabao Cup final on Sunday, they will qualify for the play-off round of the new Europa Conference League, unless they have already qualified for Europe by virtue of their league position.

If the latter happens - or if Manchester City (who are already in the Champions League) win the final - that Conference League place will revert to the league.

No more than seven English teams can compete in Uefa competitions.

• Like 1

Jeez! Leicester vs West Brom is hurting my eyes. No way can West Brom use the old excuse about not being able to see each other!

image.png.91d79116994f6a2aba2da78c4b0a9157.png

51 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Jeez! Leicester vs West Brom is hurting my eyes. No way can West Brom use the old excuse about not being able to see each other!

image.png.91d79116994f6a2aba2da78c4b0a9157.png

Albion's kit reminds me of the things you might find in a Woolworth's pick 'n mix that you'd take care not to pick.

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 7:05 PM, AMIW said:

the race for all the euro competition spots

The top four teams in the Premier League will qualify for the Champions League group stage. Leaders Manchester City are assured of a Champions League spot.

The fifth-placed Premier League team will qualify for the Europa League group stage, along with the FA Cup winners (Leicester or Chelsea) unless they have finished in the top five, in which case that Europa place reverts to the league.

If Tottenham win the Carabao Cup final on Sunday, they will qualify for the play-off round of the new Europa Conference League, unless they have already qualified for Europe by virtue of their league position.

If the latter happens - or if Manchester City (who are already in the Champions League) win the final - that Conference League place will revert to the league.

No more than seven English teams can compete in Uefa competitions.

So 7th place will be the conference league place. Could be some tactical results to avoid that come last day of the season ;)