Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2020/21 Premier League thread

JimCT

On 1/24/2021 at 4:13 AM, High As Hope said:

Spoke to my son yesterday & asked him his view on it,he said absolutely correct decision,as soon as Mings controlled the ball the Man City player was no longer offside,he knows no other profession where somebody can deny knowledge of something & then try to blame their lack of knowledge on somebody making the correct decision.

I'm not necessarily saying that some of the current laws in football make total sense at the moment but they are the laws whether people like them or not & have to be applied so why don't players & managers know them?

Well, the guidance is revised. This is my "shocked" face.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9188433/Premier-League-referees-change-offside-rule-controversial-Bernardo-Silva-goal.html

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

Red card overturned, second one of Mike deans in a week

That's two terrible decisions and one pretty suspect call in what the past ten days?  Dean is a man who knows the rules but doesn't know the game and seems utterly devoid of common sense.  

If I had an employee that had a week like that I'd have him in a meeting with an HR person present, ask them if they had anything they needed to tell me and have them take a week off.  When and if they came back I had have an old and experienced hand supervise them for a bit. 

I'm utterly serious BTW and I have had those types of meetings.  Right now Mike Dean doesn't belong on a football pitch.  

2 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

That's two terrible decisions and one pretty suspect call in what the past ten days?  Dean is a man who knows the rules but doesn't know the game and seems utterly devoid of common sense.  

If I had an employee that had a week like that I'd have him in a meeting with an HR person present, ask them if they had anything they needed to tell me and have them take a week off.  When and if they came back I had have an old and experienced hand supervise them for a bit. 

I'm utterly serious BTW and I have had those types of meetings.  Right now Mike Dean doesn't belong on a football pitch.  

Can you take Andre Merriner and Craig Pawson into that meeting also! Every time I see one of them on the pitch, I know something will go wrong. The best of the lot refereed yesterday Michael Oliver. 

• Like 1

Newcastle striker Callum Wilson has been ruled out for six to eight weeks with a hamstring injury.

Wilson has scored 10 goals and provided five assists in 21 Premier League games so far for the Magpies, who he joined in the summer from Bournemouth following their relegation to the Sky Bet Championship.