Greasy Lake Community

My Western Stars playlist

Hope the link works... I've been in a Western Stars mood lately, but to me, it's a separate entity from the rest of Bruce's catalogue. So I made this 40 song playlist... basically, it follows the album arc of Western Stars (with some of the film versions replacing album tracks) and a small sample of songs by other artists that fit within the musical context and themes (some are Bruce covers too).

Not going to lie, the sequencing of Moa Holmsten's "Born to Run" cover right into "Chasin' Wild Horses" brought me to tears, as did Kacey Musgraves' "Rainbow" right into "Hello Sunshine"

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/playlist/66ZxeGwYvximT04UjFt9QF" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

Hope the link works... I've been in a Western Stars mood lately, but to me, it's a separate entity from the rest of Bruce's catalogue. So I made this 40 song playlist... basically, it follows the album arc of Western Stars (with some of the film versions replacing album tracks) and a small sample of songs by other artists that fit within the musical context and themes (some are Bruce covers too).

Not going to lie, the sequencing of Moa Holmsten's "Born to Run" cover right into "Chasin' Wild Horses" brought me to tears, as did Kacey Musgraves' "Rainbow" right into "Hello Sunshine"

<iframe src="https://open.spotify.com/embed/playlist/66ZxeGwYvximT04UjFt9QF" width="300" height="380" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

no Glenn Campbell

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

I am loving this...I too love Kacey Musgraves and the rest of your list.

You get it.

Thank you.

Thanks! I regret only recently discovering Kacey Musgraves a couple weeks ago. I made the playlist after "Rainbow" and "Hello Sunshine" randomly played back to back in shuffle... it was just a beautiful pairing and I had to pull over.

• Like 1

Listening to this playlist transported me to one of those endless roads with nothing but an impressive landscape in the background. Like you see it in the movies.... Thanks, great music! 

• Love Love Love! 1