Greasy Lake Community

https://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,25181/Bruce-Springsteen-mp3-flac-download-11-11-2006-Wembley-Arena-London-UK.html

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / OLD DAN TUCKER / ATLANTIC CITY / EYES ON THE PRIZE / JESSE JAMES / O MARY DON'T YOU WEEP / GROWIN' UP / ERIE CANAL / MY OKLAHOMA HOME / DEVILS & DUST / MRS. McGRATH / HOW CAN A POOR MAN STAND SUCH TIMES AND LIVE? / JACOB'S LADDER / LONG TIME COMIN' / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / OPEN ALL NIGHT / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / LONG WALK HOME / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / AMERICAN LAND / FROGGIE WENT A COURTIN'

World premiere (and only tour performance) of a previously undocumented Springsteen composition introduced as "Gonna Be A Long Walk Home", which Bruce implies is still a 'work-in-progress'. The song will be released on the 2007 Magic album as "Long Walk Home". "John Henry" is dropped from the set for the first and only time on the tour. Patti Scialfa is not present. Horn section is Baron-Manion-Ramm-Gayton.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just read through this thread in full for the first time, I'll once again recite @Jerseyfornias words that have always stuck with me.  "There's something for everyone".  In the early

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting

God these people suck at their jobs. Delay, delay and underwhelm.  

Posted Images

So a month waiting and anticipation

turned into

6 weeks of waiting

turned into

7 weeks of waiting

turned into 

this...

I was really in need of some ESB....

Well let's wait 14 more days :)  Let the countdown begin... 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

But I mean if you look at the release schedule (tours/years represented in the archive) a Seeger show was bound to happen, and let's also not forget that (whether you like it or not) Seeger Session is part of BruceHistory. Not to mention that Bruce himself had the time of his life on stage. 

And I am sort of happy they released this show now, since we only have to wait just two more weeks for the next release. 

• Like 2

I love the Seeger stuff to bits, but this is no way near the best set list or performance. There are some stunning shows out there in fantastic quality, so I'll pass on this one. Again.

More importantly, how's Eric getting on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That cover though...

It looks more like a meme than an album cover picture. Surely there was a better choice of image there.

I do love me some seeger, and the premiere of long walk home is great to have on there!

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

He wants us to join him in an unspoken "Yikes"

However that works!

I was at the Sheffield gig shortly after and quite frankly it was brilliant. The equal of any post reunion ESB show I've witnessed

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 minute ago, Demos said:

I was at the Sheffield gig shortly after and quite frankly it was brilliant. The equal of any post reunion ESB show I've witnessed

Exactly why I was hoping for that one. Featuring Youngstown, The River and Bring 'Em Home.

10 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

He wants us to join him in an unspoken "Yikes"

However that works!

Seegerized, story-rich Springsteen originals.

:)

• Like 1

You can't ignore the momentum...

Long Walk Home premiere, perfect.

• Like 3

That final leg, culminating with the Irish shows, was outstanding and it is quite right that they should release a full show to compliment the Dublin release.

Much as I was hoping for Sheffield, I always thought that this show was a likely contender because of the debut of Long Walk Home.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, davemunday said:

We went to Birmingham on the same leg of the tour a fun show for sure.

Was the best Bruce show I'd ever seen. (Until Cardiff 2013).  Never seen him so happy onstage. 

• Like 5
7 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

That final leg, culminating with the Irish shows, was outstanding and it is quite right that they should release a full show to compliment the Dublin release.

Much as I was hoping for Sheffield, I always thought that this show was a likely contender because of the debut of Long Walk Home.

Crucially though, it's missing the more than stunning Further On Up The Road.

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

Crucially though, it's missing the more than stunning Further On Up The Road......

..... and The River

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Demos said:

Definitely the best I saw him do on that tour although I didn’t have the the best seats.

Right up close for the Birmingham show and that was joyous.

• Like 2