Greasy Lake Community

New archive: London 11/11/06

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just read through this thread in full for the first time, I'll once again recite @Jerseyfornias words that have always stuck with me.  "There's something for everyone".  In the early

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting

God these people suck at their jobs. Delay, delay and underwhelm.  

Posted Images

I love Live in Dublin but did not enjoy the Manchester show at all. Blamed the in the gods seats at a terrible venue but looking back I think it was probably due to the fact my dad had recently passed away and I was still getting over that. Will give this show a go and would like to see him come back for a similar tour.

• Like 2

I went to both 11th & 12th at Wembley (also Hammy Odeon) but also Birmingham & Sheffield - whilst all were great (and fun shows) in terms of venue & show I have fonder memories of both Birmingham and Sheffield and in terms of London Seeger probably Hammersmith. I enjoyed SSB (and would be happy to see something similar again if/when E Street stops rolling) but can't deny that I had higher hopes for this months release - we probably all hyped up the anticipation and anniversary chatter too much perhaps!  

1 minute ago, Harry42 said:

I love Live in Dublin but did not enjoy the Manchester show at all. Blamed the in the gods seats at a terrible venue but looking back I think it was probably due to the fact my dad had recently passed away and I was still getting over that. Will give this show a go and would like to see him come back for a similar tour.

Of all the SSB shows I did Manchester is definitely bottom of the pile (but I think you would have struggled with any show under those circumstances - but just don't want you thinking that it was perhaps better than you thought and marred by your state of mind...…...it was very average / forgettable! (not worthy of the long drive there and back from Norfolk!!) 

The cover picture would be OK if Bruce wasn't pulling a face like he was constipated. 

Also, is that Patti on the right, as she wasn't there. It looks more like her than Lisa Lowell who would be the only other possibility.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BruceWho said:

Of all the SSB shows I did Manchester is definitely bottom of the pile (but I think you would have struggled with any show under those circumstances - but just don't want you thinking that it was perhaps better than you thought and marred by your state of mind...…...it was very average / forgettable! (not worthy of the long drive there and back from Norfolk!!) 

Second worst Bruce show I’ve ever seen 

39 minutes ago, Growin' Up said:

Bloody hell - no wonder it took them an extra fortnight to release it.  Not even Bruce could stomach listening to it again!

GU, always different, always the same.

:D

40 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Also, is that Patti on the right, as she wasn't there. It looks more like her than Lisa Lowell who would be the only other possibility.

Good spot, Hawkeye.

I'd say that is definitely Patti.  Lisa is gorgeous, I'd know if it was her.

:wub:

29 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

Long Walk Home is no Vote for Change but still current enough B)

Yes very conservative message. 

That you know flag flying over the courthouse
Means certain things are set in stone
Who we are, what we'll do and what we won't.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Yes very conservative message. 

That you know flag flying over the courthouse
Means certain things are set in stone
Who we are, what we'll do and what we won't.

I remember him saying that about himself not too long ago. I'm not sure what interview. It is the same where he explained that fair wages and good education for your children are in it's conservative valies ;)