Greasy Lake Community

New archive: London 11/11/06

2 hours ago, Nick21 said:

https://live.brucespringsteen.net/live-music/0,25181/Bruce-Springsteen-mp3-flac-download-11-11-2006-Wembley-Arena-London-UK.html

BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / OLD DAN TUCKER / ATLANTIC CITY / EYES ON THE PRIZE / JESSE JAMES / O MARY DON'T YOU WEEP / GROWIN' UP / ERIE CANAL / MY OKLAHOMA HOME / DEVILS & DUST / MRS. McGRATH / HOW CAN A POOR MAN STAND SUCH TIMES AND LIVE? / JACOB'S LADDER / LONG TIME COMIN' / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / OPEN ALL NIGHT / PAY ME MY MONEY DOWN / LONG WALK HOME / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING IN / THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE / AMERICAN LAND / FROGGIE WENT A COURTIN'

World premiere (and only tour performance) of a previously undocumented Springsteen composition introduced as "Gonna Be A Long Walk Home", which Bruce implies is still a 'work-in-progress'. The song will be released on the 2007 Magic album as "Long Walk Home". "John Henry" is dropped from the set for the first and only time on the tour. Patti Scialfa is not present. Horn section is Baron-Manion-Ramm-Gayton.

Just seen this - delighted with this show as I was there. World Premiere of Long Walk Home with the extra verse. Loved it then and loved it since on the CC boot. Delighted to get this show in HD quality. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just read through this thread in full for the first time, I'll once again recite @Jerseyfornias words that have always stuck with me.  "There's something for everyone".  In the early

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting

God these people suck at their jobs. Delay, delay and underwhelm.  

Posted Images

I saw three SSB shows including the following night at Wembley but the Hammersmith Odeon show was stupendous.  I loved that tour as as many others have said, Bruce had a ball on stage with these songs.

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
5 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Any reason weather, seats, crowd, the never ending Mary’s Place?

Can't have been the weather. It was the warmest driest May night in the history of Manchester.

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Can't have been the weather. It was the warmest driest May night in the history of Manchester.

The June 2012 Etihad  show must have been the coldest and wettest night in the history of Manchester 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Any reason weather, seats, crowd, the never ending Mary’s Place?

I was some way back. I remember a catastrophically bad version of Sandy (top 5 Bruce song for me) and just in general a sluggish, bloated show.

The Crystal Palace show I saw more than made up for it though. Think that was before the Manc show but couldn’t swear it. In general I’ve caught a few so so Manchester shows with the exception being the incredible Ethihad Wrecking Ball gig which is possibly my favourite Bruce show. 

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Some will whinge, others will be delighted.

Just a normal month then :rolleyes:

ive just woken up

im going to try to focus on the happiness of others 

and the debate about the art work:lol:

ill listen to it 

i like a few of those songs

i will be requiring alcohol 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

As an aside the most exciting Bruce gigs I’ve seen have all been non E Street.

Opening night at Wembley for the Other Band tour and The Sessions Gigs. Just that feeling of not knowing exactly what was going on. I remember the elation when he launched into Darkness at the Other Band show was amazing. 

I suppose the first Reunion show I saw had that same buzz too. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Crucially though, it's missing the more than stunning Further On Up The Road.

that's most unfortunate as i actually really enjoy that one 

6 minutes ago, davemunday said:

The June 2012 Etihad  show must have been the coldest and wettest night in the history of Manchester 

I remember being in the stands for that one so I was kept fairly dry - did not stop the cold though! Agree with others who said it was a great performance, as was 2016 when the weather again failed us!!

10 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I was some way back. I remember a catastrophically bad version of Sandy (top 5 Bruce song for me) and just in general a sluggish, bloated show.

The Crystal Palace show I saw more than made up for it though. Think that was before the Manc show but couldn’t swear it. In general I’ve caught a few so so Manchester shows with the exception being the incredible Ethihad Wrecking Ball gig which is possibly my favourite Bruce show. 

I agree with regard to the WB show  would love an archive of that show ... the 78 intro to PIAN and The Promise

9 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I remember being in the stands for that one so I was kept fairly dry - did not stop the cold though! Agree with others who said it was a great performance, as was 2016 when the weather again failed us!!

Manchester in June what could be better 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Anyone hearing this version of long walk home for the first time? I was there and thought it was brilliant. I was actually slightly disappointed with the actual release of the song on Magic as I much preferred this one. 

First time for me today. I love it. Probably the best part of this show, together with Devils. Absolutely love the back vocals.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

despite loving the extra verse i much prefer the ESB version of long walk home

it was one i loved pretty much straight away off magic and i find this version a bit lackluster

must think nice thoughts nice thoughts nice thoughts must think

im really struggling 

need @gus 's company right now 

im ganna read back througj the comments and bask in the joy of others on this one

i do very much enjoy Cindy and the other lady singers and Kurt