10 hours ago, Wout said:

So a month waiting and anticipation

turned into

6 weeks of waiting

turned into

7 weeks of waiting

turned into 

this...

Reminds me of how Indiana Jones fans waited 19 years and all we got was “Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.”

Faith is not always rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just read through this thread in full for the first time, I'll once again recite @Jerseyfornias words that have always stuck with me.  "There's something for everyone".  In the early

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting

God these people suck at their jobs. Delay, delay and underwhelm.  

Posted Images

6 hours ago, lilbud said:

I gotta say, the mix on this release is really good to my ears. Everything seems balanced and there is a good mix of music and crowd noise.

i beleave you because i  can every single not that banjo makes

15 hours ago, Demos said:

I was at the Sheffield gig shortly after and quite frankly it was brilliant. The equal of any post reunion ESB show I've witnessed

probably agree until the Paris/Philly shows 2016, Hell that seems like a lifetime ago

Strange how the mail from Bruce Inc mentions Incident as the opening track??

From a selfish point of view I'd have preferred the Hammersmith Seeger show as it was the one I was at and it was Bruce exorcising the ghosts of 1975 in that old building. And it had "Long Black Veil". How I love that "Long Black Veil".:)

• Like 2

Great to have the full length this little light of mine and American land rather than the heavily edited shorter versions on Live in Dublin. 
I absolutely loved this tour. I went to 6 shows and would have gone to several more if I could. 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 2
16 hours ago, davemunday said:

The June 2012 Etihad  show must have been the coldest and wettest night in the history of Manchester 

A great show in horrendous conditions. I remember driving towards the stadium and you could hardly see it through the rain and Mancunian murk. More like February than June. But a solo piano Promise and a Prove It with 78 intro more than made up for it.

• Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

My guess is that the delay was down to Altschiller struggling to get a good mix from all those different musicians and instruments on stage. 

We finally get full show comparisons from the same tour. Bob The God did Dublin, JA did London.

• Like 3

To each their own but I can't understand why anyone wouldn't love the Sessions Band stuff. Bruce was on fire and sounded and looked invigorated. I was at this show and it blew me away. I was also at Wembley the following night and it was even better I recall! I'll be getting this one :D

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2

If this show doesn't put a big smile on your face, then what does?  

frog_wooing.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Great to have the full length this little light of mine and American land rather than the heavily edited shorter versions on Live in Dublin. 
I absolutely loved this tour. I went to 6 shows and would have gone to several more if I could. 

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting him in Claridges the night before this show was great too.The fusion of country, folk, rock, blues and jazz was absolutely sublime. Wonderful band, every show I went to was full of fun, laughter, energy and joy. Like many on here, my first show was in 1981 and I’ve seen every tour since, in my opinion this tour was as good as any of them.

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

Although I am not a big fan of the Seeger tour they released now a full show of this tour. Ok we already had Dublin which is a compilation of multiple shows and the Jazz Festival release was a relatively short set. So for the presentation of this tour it’s a good release and also nice to hear the work in progress version of a Long Walk Home. 
And even I don’t gonna play this very often (just like Dublin and Orleans only some songs) I’m glad they released besides New Orleans something from this tour. But for me this is enough from the Seeger tour together with the other releases. But you can satisfy everyone and maybe the next one is more my cup of tea

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 9:17 PM, Captain Chaos said:

I was some way back. I remember a catastrophically bad version of Sandy (top 5 Bruce song for me) and just in general a sluggish, bloated show.

The Crystal Palace show I saw more than made up for it though. Think that was before the Manc show but couldn’t swear it. In general I’ve caught a few so so Manchester shows with the exception being the incredible Ethihad Wrecking Ball gig which is possibly my favourite Bruce show. 

I love how everyone has different experiences of the same gig. 
I really enjoyed the cricket ground concert and one of my fave moments was Sandy. Never really liked the song before but the summer heat perhaps maybe made me hear the song in a different light. Only to be put off it again when Tony Blair picked it as his desert island disk.

• Like 1

Folk music is timeless. It will continue to unite communities, it will continue to raise social awareness. I'm glad Sprinsteen took that chance, and had such fun doing it. 

I'm also delighted for all who had attended this show to have this souvenir now. I can hear the joy both on and off the stage, the collective spirit throughout this show is enviably good. 

My personal highlight is Devils. How it starts with Bruce, and later the band gradually kicks in, the back vocals, and the trumpet.... And how they all subside just before every woman and every man part. Simply beautiful. 

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

I also love Blinded, the first time that I can actually follow the lyrics.  :)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Silvia said:

Folk music is timeless. It will continue to unite communities, it will continue to raise social awareness. I'm glad Sprinsteen took that chance, and had such fun doing it. 

I'm also delighted for all who had attended this show to have this souvenir now. I can hear the joy both on and off the stage, the collective spirit throughout this show is enviably good. 

My personal highlight is Devils. How it starts with Bruce, and later the band gradually kicks in, the back vocals, and the trumpet.... And how they all subside just before every woman and every man part. Simply beautiful. 

Whilst attending the show I was astounded at how good the version of Devils and Dust was.

I have always thought it was a brilliant song but it was so enhanced by the live arrangement he used that night.

• Like 4

Listening to this one also made me realize that when talking about band accompanied tours, I prefer the tours where he had more instruments and back vocals on stage. I simply love the enrichment, the superb musicianship of all women and men involved. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
48 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Whilst attending the show I was astounded at how good the version of Devils and Dust was.

I have always thought it was a brilliant song but it was so enhanced by the live arrangement he used that night.

Devils and Dust is one of the highlights for me. I have no issue with folk music, I listen to a lot of artists in that field, so I'm happy for Bruce to try his hand at it. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Blinded...or Atlantic City arrangements but they are interesting if nothing else. I love the  arrangement of Long Time Comin' from this tour, and Growin' Up. Of the covers I love songs like Old Dan Tucker, Erie Canal, My Oklahoma Home, Froggie Went A Courtin, This Little Light. I'm not a fan of Jacob's Ladder though. It goes on far too long for me though. It's a nice release.

• Like 3