Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having just read through this thread in full for the first time, I'll once again recite @Jerseyfornias words that have always stuck with me.  "There's something for everyone".  In the early

Couldn’t agree more. I was greedy, I went to 15 European shows and I’ve never seen Bruce look as happy as he did on that tour. The 2 highlights were Hammersmith and the amphitheater in Verona. Meeting

God these people suck at their jobs. Delay, delay and underwhelm.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Yup, another Seeger lover here.

Saw two shows, Birmingham 9th November and the second Empire Pool show, Sunday 12th (night after this one).

 

Just so much to love but for me the highlight is the (IMHO now definitive) "Blinded by the light".

 

The Seeger version of this is one of my favourite Bruce tracks.

May I call you Uncle Rat from now on? :P

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Silvia said:

May I call you Uncle Rat from now on? :P

Only if you need my consent to marry the President.

(But not this one...... consent withheld.)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Much prefer this show to live in Dublin and not just because it’s a complete show and LID was a compilation across three nights. Bruce seemed too much in recording mode in Dublin and at times pre occupied with the cameras present. This show is so much more natural and of course, unedited. Really really loving it. It helps that I was there and I’m chuffed that I now have 7 of my Bruce concerts released officially. 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking up on the number of your shows that have been released officially.

 I have five all from 2016. That was a crazy year, my first trip to the USA for the Boston River Show, Manchester, Coventry, Paris and finally Philadelphia.  Five and a half if the Olympic Park BITUSA section can be included.

I expect plenty have many more ...

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Picking up on the number of your shows that have been released officially.

 I have five all from 2016. That was a crazy year, my first trip to the USA for the Boston River Show, Manchester, Coventry, Paris and finally Philadelphia.  Five and a half if the Olympic Park BITUSA section can be included.

I expect plenty have many more ...

 

 

 

 

 

My 7 are: 

Wembley Arena 2006, Tampa USA 2008, Hyde Park 2009, Leeds 2013, Manchester 2016, Coventry 2016, Wembley Stadium 2016. 

Plus Dublin 2006 night 3 partial, and the 6 songs from Hyde Park 2012. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Picking up on the number of your shows that have been released officially.

 I have five all from 2016. That was a crazy year ......... Manchester, .............

 

 

9 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

 Manchester 2016, 

 

That Manchester show could have been so great. But, you see there was this guy in, of all things, a Santa suit .... :lol: ^_^ :rolleyes:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus was an only son with the band and with no spoken parts is brilliant. And Devils & Dust and Long Time Comin’. It’s made me wish for a full album of devils and dust songs played SSB style, but then again a few like The Hitter and Matamoros Banks would be a challenge! I had a bootleg of Maria’s Bed which I think he played at an Italian show one night SSB style and that was superb as well. I love the arrangements. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The ESB version of D&D is still my favorite but this one is great too. I hope he does another Seeger Sessions tour when the ESB is done. Lots of songs that didn't get played on the '06 tour that can be reinvented. If it happens I'm not gonna see any setlists or watch any videos before going to my shows, I think it would be awesome to be surprised during the shows.

I was hoping for a big ESB release but this sounds good too, I'll take it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Perisic said:

The ESB version of D&D is still my favorite but this one is great too. I hope he does another Seeger Sessions tour when the ESB is done. Lots of songs that didn't get played on the '06 tour that can be reinvented. If it happens I'm not gonna see any setlists or watch any videos before going to my shows, I think it would be awesome to be surprised during the shows.

I was hoping for a big ESB release but this sounds good too, I'll take it.

I made a compilation of original Bruce songs from the SSB tour and I think there was about 30 of his own songs. Amongst the best were Maria’s Bed, The River, Further On up the road, devils sand dust, Blinded by the light and does this bus stop at 82nd street. A tour with these and more plus some western stars songs thrown in would be incredible. I’d go to a lot of shows. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

i prefer the D&D songs in the D&D style

but i would love to hear them with the WS orchestra in the barn

  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I made a compilation of original Bruce songs from the SSB tour and I think there was about 30 of his own songs. Amongst the best were Maria’s Bed, The River, Further On up the road, devils sand dust, Blinded by the light and does this bus stop at 82nd street. A tour with these and more plus some western stars songs thrown in would be incredible. I’d go to a lot of shows. 

Strangely I was thinking about doing this last night. Across NO, London and Dublin, there’s the start of a great sounding set. Would ideally want Caddy, Maria’s Bed and Youngstown to get official releases to include, too. 

Appreciate some may not like the older covers this project was centred around, but the reinventions of his originals makes this as compelling a year as Bruce has ever done.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Strangely I was thinking about doing this last night. Across NO, London and Dublin, there’s the start of a great sounding set. Would ideally want Caddy, Maria’s Bed and Youngstown to get official releases to include, too. 

Appreciate some may not like the older covers this project was centred around, but the reinventions of his originals makes this as compelling a year as Bruce has ever done.  

Others included: 

Adam raised a cain, mansion on the hill, land of hope and dreams, the promised land, ramrod, factory, into the fire, Fire.  

They are all on Flynn’s compilation “swing that thing” which is excellent. 

84BDE2AE-48DB-436E-8823-DE76DEF4CE5A.jpeg

00FAAA05-6AC2-40FF-8372-30310EF90FF7.jpeg

B0BCC076-FAF6-47B1-92F1-C8C929B96B5C.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, davemunday said:

Picking up on the number of your shows that have been released officially.

 I have five all from 2016. That was a crazy year, my first trip to the USA for the Boston River Show, Manchester, Coventry, Paris and finally Philadelphia.  Five and a half if the Olympic Park BITUSA section can be included.

I expect plenty have many more ...

 

 

 

 

 

There's not too many people actually featured on a download like you are in Manchester. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw two SSB shows - Manchester (May) and Wembley (11/11).

The difference over those six months was stunning, not sure if it was the crowd being more familiar with the material or the better venue but Wembley was a top show for me.

Will add this one to my basket.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fifer said:

I saw two SSB shows - Manchester (May) and Wembley (11/11).

The difference over those six months was stunning, not sure if it was the crowd being more familiar with the material or the better venue but Wembley was a top show for me.

Will add this one to my basket.

The show at the MEN arena was the worst of the 6 that I saw. The venue didn’t help as Hammersmith the very next day was superb. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After a full listen I can say this is not my thing. Too much horns and it is one wall of sound to me.  I really have the feeling that I am listening 2,5 hours to one song. In the end I really don’t mind I missed this tour. Some songs I can stand but listening a full show is way to much. Same like the studio album of this project. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have played the whole show through 3 times now which is something I haven’t done with several of the archives I’ve got. Without doubt in my top 10 archives, but just too much competition to make into my top 5. 

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So due to the way my schedule works these days, almost all of my dedicated listening takes place when I'm driving...and for the first four months of the pandemic, I pretty much didn't drive anyway. But for the past month, I've had two drives per day of about 15-20 minutes per drive. So I've been listening to the Archive series in installments, catching up with Philly '99, Brendan Byrne '81 and even Stockholm '05. (I was quite behind.) 

As with most (not all!) on here, I wasn't overjoyed about another Seeger Sessions show, although I wasn't nearly as disappointed as some (many?). But as with every damn Seeger Sessions Band live release, as soon as I started playing it, I was into it one hundred damn percent. Folk is one of my less preferred genres, but damn if this period didn't inspire him to rethink stuff and take chances and boy howdy isn't he having just a grand ol' time?  

So...yeah. Another outstanding release. 

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am absolutely loving this show... Great mix, brilliant energy.... Devils & Dust on here is one of the most beautiful things I have every heard. My God.

Will be listening to this one a lot...

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I am absolutely loving this show... Great mix, brilliant energy.... Devils & Dust on here is one of the most beautiful things I have every heard. My God.

Will be listening to this one a lot...

Brilliant isn’t it. The whole show is just fantastic. 

  • Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

I am absolutely loving this show... Great mix, brilliant energy.... Devils & Dust on here is one of the most beautiful things I have every heard. My God.

Will be listening to this one a lot...

It really is amazing. Wow.

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...