Greasy Lake Community

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame opened their vault!

So a month ago I posted some videos from the Rock&Roll Hall of fame archives, where we see Bruce & ESB perform in 2014 at the inauguration of the ESB:

Apparently I had overlooked it initially, but not only these performances had been uploaded, in fact all of Bruce performances at the R&R HOF have been posted!! 

So this includes footage of:

1999: Bruce Springsteen induction

2014: ESB induction

2010: The 25th Anniversary concert 

1995: the concert for Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame

and some more...

The 25th anniversary footage I had seen before, but the clips from the 1999 inauguration were new to me:

Here's a clip from the 1995 concert:

Or how about a duet with Bob Dylan!

And here's a clip from 1989 when Roy Orbison was inducted:

Enjoy folks!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
  • 1 month later...

Although there was a ton of controversy surrounding Creedence Clearwater Revival’s induction into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame, and frontman John Fogerty’s refusal to perform with the band, Fogerty still showed up and put on a show for the ages. Fogerty recruited some session musicians, Bruce Springsteen and Robbie Robertson for an amazing performance of CCR’s classic hit “Who’ll Stop The Rain.”

Fun Fact: Interpreting the song in its time period (1970), and the resigned but somewhat angry feeling of the song, many see "Who'll Stop the Rain" as a thinly veiled protest against the Vietnam War, with the final verse lyrics and its references to music, large crowds, rain, and crowds trying to keep warm being about the band's experience at the Woodstock Festival in August 1969. For his part, when asked by Rolling Stone about the meaning of the song's lyrics, John Fogerty was quoted as saying,

"Certainly, I was talking about Washington, when I wrote the song, but I remember bringing the master version of the song home and playing it. My son Josh was four years old at the time, and after he heard it, he said, 'Daddy stop the rain.' And my wife and I looked at each other and said, 'Well, not quite.'"

• Like 1