Greasy Lake Community

and a shout out to thunder road

the great invertation to this incredible journey we are all on together

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Wout said:

For the people living in the USA there is also a competition organized to win the vinyl record, photo album, and noise-cancelling headset: 

If you listen to “Western Stars” on a noise-cancelling headset, is it just an hour of silence? :P

• Haha 2

Amazing to think it was derided and laughed at on release particularly in sections of the UK press who saw Springsteeen as a phoney, overhyped record company creation. A desperate attempt at a 'new Dylan'. This  view was partly confirmed by that none too special, nervous first Hammersmith gig - it sounds great but it's hardly a classic performance (Springsteen himself said so) . I was going to a lot of gigs at the time and to be honest on film at least it looked about on par with a Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel gig . 

I still don't like She's the One. 

Easily the greatest rock album of the 70s and one of the top 5 albums of all time. I feel like it should be longer than 38 minutes though...That seems short for an album of its stature, but everything else about is perfect.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, Promise61 said:

It's very likely that I would have had a different life if it wasn't for this album.

I have no doubt whatsoever this is true for me.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1