Greasy Lake Community

23 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Funny how human brain works, and how a brief comment can stay with you forever.

This song has never been played live, according to Brucebase, which is a shame. 

Sign next time, anyone?

My mom obviously wasn't the biggest Springsteen fan, although she did like his version of "Jersey Girl". ;)

BTW, I don't think that "Loose Change" would really work in a live setting, whether it's solo acoustic or with a/"the" band. The overall mood and haunting atmosphere of the song's original studio recording couldn't ever be re-created.

I think it’s his best song about depression. Looking for an easy way out...”I knew she was trouble but trouble sure was looking fine.”  Being stuck in a shitty place...the bags are packed but he’s frozen.  The light turns from red to green to red...and he’s still there, listening to the clock, unable to move. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

My mom obviously wasn't the biggest Springsteen fan, although she did like his version of "Jersey Girl". ;)

BTW, I don't think that "Loose Change" would really work in a live setting, whether it's solo acoustic or with a/"the" band. The overall mood and haunting atmosphere of the song's original studio recording couldn't ever be re-created.

Dream Baby Dream worked, I think LC also could. 

Maybe not a fun moment for the casual fan, though, yeah.. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Dream Baby Dream worked, I think LC also could. 

Maybe not a fun moment for the casual fan, though, yeah.. 

LC on pump organ. Yep, that would work very well, I think.

• Like 1

I do like Loose Change quite a bit. As already mentioned, we are left to fill in the gaps (many of them, I think) but there's just something about this song that fascinates me in a way. It's been way too long since I last listened to it!

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1