Greasy Lake Community

Frankie Fell in Love

On 8/26/2020 at 7:00 AM, Accountant Pete said:

Frankie Fell in Love is a fun song. But so corny. I think Bruce intended that. But what if this was the only song that some benighted person who had never heard Bruce listened too? Shudder.

And Hunter of Invisible Game is Bruce's best post apocalyptic song. 

its a great production all right 

that extended intro is a great warm up to the western stars album - i would love to know the time line considering he sat on WS for awhile

not sure about the rest of you but im not ready for a post apocalyptic album any time soon

• Love Love Love! 1

30 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

its a great production all right 

that extended intro is a great warm up to the western stars album - i would love to know the time line considering he sat on WS for awhile

not sure about the rest of you but im not ready for a post apocalyptic album any time soon

I actually added Hunter Of Invisible Game to my Western Stars play list, right after Moonlight Motel. It fits perfectly.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

On 8/25/2020 at 8:00 PM, Accountant Pete said:

Frankie Fell in Love is a fun song. But so corny. I think Bruce intended that. But what if this was the only song that some benighted person who had never heard Bruce listened too? Shudder.

And Hunter of Invisible Game is Bruce's best post apocalyptic song. 

I think it’s his only post-apocalyptic song. If they ever wrap up The Walking Dead they should have it playing over the final scene, with Rick Grimes riding off into the sunset!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

I actually added Hunter Of Invisible Game to my Western Stars play list, right after Moonlight Motel. It fits perfectly.

im ganna do that !!

but what do i do with Rhinestone cowboy now ? 

maybe still have it on at the end after hunter ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

I think it’s his only post-apocalyptic song. If they ever wrap up The Walking Dead they should have it playing over the final scene, with Rick Grimes riding off into the sunset!

There is Radio Nowhere. If the lyrics are taken literally then the cry "is there anybody alive out there?" is truly terrifying.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

"It feels like the apocalypse is just around the corner..." (a strange but very fitting spoken intro to this live performance of Something in the Night)

12 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

"It feels like the apocalypse is just around the corner..." (a strange but very fitting spoken intro to this live performance of Something in the Night

I'm sorry but a speech of any type shouldn't be an intro to this song at any time. The tune itself was as usual wonderful, but the speech killed the momentum going into the song.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'm sorry but a speech of any type shouldn't be an intro to this song at any time. The tune itself was as usual wonderful, but the speech killed the momentum going into the song.  

the other night i  watched that dreadful movie Contagion

it was a load of shit (except for the last wee bit with the bat and the pig etc)

ok so you guys have had some BLM civil unrest but the world has hardly descended into chaos and anarchy, i mean we have certainly had some dire moments and will continue to for some time but its not the end of days, western society is still a pretty good place to live 

(some of my above words could also be transferred to a major event alnost 4 years ago that i may have had a total overreaction too;))