Greasy Lake Community

New album coming: "Arcade at Night"

Acording to a poster at BTX, the new album is coming this fall. It is called Arcade at Night.

I don't know how reliable that information is, but it sounds good to me. This taken with the confirmation that Tracks 2 isnt happening in 2020 makes perfect sense.

I also love the title.

Let's discuss...

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

From my digging it seems like this rumour has started from the None But the Brave Podcast, which is fairly reliable as a source -

For those who haven't listened, they state that Tracks 2 is off, for this year at least, and that they are expecting it to be replaced by something else which will be known by Sept. 23

A new album dropping prior to a *fairly* important election seems a possibility, then...

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Frank said:

The rumor (and the title) reminds of the infamous 'Road to you'. But hey, I too am among those who were skeptic about the release of WS.

Or when as an april fools joke there was "Lost Highway" with 13 remixes of Real Man.

• Haha 1

As I've mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping he has channeled the anger evident in some of his radio shows into writing and recording a new album that he feels the need to release whilst it is still topical. I'm not suggesting it's a certainty, but I'm not totally ruling it out either.

• Like 7
  • Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

As I've mentioned in another thread, I'm hoping he has channeled the anger evident in some of his radio shows into writing and recording a new album that he feels the need to release whilst it is still topical. I'm not suggesting it's a certainty, but I'm not totally ruling it out either.

This.

I'd love to see a relevant third act/third age output from our man in these dark days.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, lilbud said:

"Arcade at Night"

Ah yes, finally, the Bruce/Classic Video Game Music crossover we've all been waiting for.

Can't wait for a song where the bass line is the pac man theme song.

Don’t joke about it. I never thought he’d put out an album of throwback 70’s bad music but he did that last year. Honestly, I’d rather hear him do the Donkey King theme with the band than hear him do Wayfarer at all.

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

Or when as an april fools joke there was "Lost Highway" with 13 remixes of Real Man.

But what about 'Lost Real Man Demos' with, well, lost Real Man Demos. One on acoustic guitar and one on piano. Without the ''Phil Collins keyboard riff' and with alternatief great lyrics.

40 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I just want a Bruce Springsteen record right now.

And an efficient vaccine. Than we are sorted. :)

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 3

3 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Acording to a poster at BTX, the new album is coming this fall. It is called Arcade at Night.

I don't know how reliable that information is, but it sounds good to me. This taken with the confirmation that Tracks 2 isnt happening in 2020 makes perfect sense.

I also love the title.

Let's discuss...

I apologize. This was in reference to a btx thread from about 12 years ago. I made it as a joke for the oldtimers. I’m definitely not an insider. 

• Like 1