Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

New album coming: "Arcade at Night"


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Idiot'sDelight said:

I apologize. This was in reference to a btx thread from about 12 years ago. I made it as a joke for the oldtimers. I’m definitely not an insider. 

ohhhhh. I am a dork after all. LOL.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, whispered secret said:

As someone who totally dismissed the rumours of WS coming out, I think I should maybe keep quiet...

Dear, that just isnt how the internet works :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A shame that this has been debunked (mind, it's nice to see Idiot'sDelight was just calling back to an old thread and isn't claiming to be ITK/a troll) but one thing continues to excite me about the next few months.

Summer ending and September on the horizon can be a drag, and the dark nights have even been here for a couple of weeks too. "Summer's hangin' on, but the time's still right...

So I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've been out walking around/after half 8 recently I've been thinking back to the thrill of listening to both Western Stars albums last year, as well as the many Archive shows released, and I've noticed that as the sky gets darker and the air becomes more chilled, you can feel, smell, sense something in the night.

Whether it's Tracks II or (hopefully) a new album, I am ecstatic for whatever is on the way. Looking forward to the coming weeks of speculation and revelation. 

  • Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Summer ending and September on the horizon can be a drag, and the dark nights have even been here for a couple of weeks too. "Summer's hangin' on, but the time's still right...

So I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've been out walking around/after half 8 recently I've been thinking back to the thrill of listening to both Western Stars albums last year, as well as the many Archive shows released, and I've noticed that as the sky gets darker and the air becomes more chilled, you can feel, smell, sense something in the night.

This sums up my Bruce relationship very well - I don’t know why, but for me Bruce has never been one of my go-to summer artists. Instead, I look to him on the long dark nights, the wet and windy mornings and the cold afternoons - especially if I’m driving. 

I have a 4 hour round drive tomorrow, and this news/speculation has got me reaching for Bruce for the first time in months - I might stick on Darkness, Tunnel or Nebraska on the way home

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

A shame that this has been debunked (mind, it's nice to see Idiot'sDelight was just calling back to an old thread and isn't claiming to be ITK/a troll) but one thing continues to excite me about the next few months.

Summer ending and September on the horizon can be a drag, and the dark nights have even been here for a couple of weeks too. "Summer's hangin' on, but the time's still right...

So I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've been out walking around/after half 8 recently I've been thinking back to the thrill of listening to both Western Stars albums last year, as well as the many Archive shows released, and I've noticed that as the sky gets darker and the air becomes more chilled, you can feel, smell, sense something in the night.

Whether it's Tracks II or (hopefully) a new album, I am ecstatic for whatever is on the way. Looking forward to the coming weeks of speculation and revelation. 

Given the days are getting longer here and this week the first signs of spring are in the air as we break 20 degrees Celsius for the first time in months, are you saying the new album will only be released in the northern hemisphere?

  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

A shame that this has been debunked (mind, it's nice to see Idiot'sDelight was just calling back to an old thread and isn't claiming to be ITK/a troll) but one thing continues to excite me about the next few months.

Summer ending and September on the horizon can be a drag, and the dark nights have even been here for a couple of weeks too. "Summer's hangin' on, but the time's still right...

So I don't know about the rest of you, but when I've been out walking around/after half 8 recently I've been thinking back to the thrill of listening to both Western Stars albums last year, as well as the many Archive shows released, and I've noticed that as the sky gets darker and the air becomes more chilled, you can feel, smell, sense something in the night.

Whether it's Tracks II or (hopefully) a new album, I am ecstatic for whatever is on the way. Looking forward to the coming weeks of speculation and revelation. 

im looking forward to the longer days because im bloody freezing and im looking forward to sun and warmth and GOTJ because i won't listen to that in the winter

might make a sandwhich with WIESS and WS 

rolll on tracks / Electric Nebraska / new album / B ITUSA box set

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was firmly in favour of Tracks 2 coming this year rather than a new album, simply because I was drooling at the thought of all that material suddenly being out there in the public domain officially. It's been a long, long drought, as someone once sung, and now the rain's pouring down on our roof. But I can sort of see that it makes sense to do the new stuff this year and the box next, because sadly it doesn't seem like the band is going to be playing this material to us live for quite some time yet. The rain can pour down on my roof next year. However if it is aimed at being relevant at the time of the election then surely a new album needs to come out earlier than the previously hinted at dates in November. The election will be done and dusted by then.

So how about JLM and Sony "do a Taylor Swift" and release a new E Street Band overnight, online, with physical copies to follow. It will prove they aren't still using the business model that worked for them in the 1980s. I hope that it is a new rock album, and not something Bruce has recorded solo acoustic while in lockdown in the last months. Whilst some of his best work has been the narrative songs of the Nebraska and Joad records, personally my eyes don't light up right now at the prospect of another album of "Balboa Park" type material. The time for that may come. But right now, after all that this year has brought, I'd really, really like some rock and roll, whether it's a call to arms and to vote or just to party before the end of the world.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Waiting for a new Bruce album is the closest I get now to the stomach fluttering anticipation of Christmas as a child. The first sight of it on a shop shelf or the plop of it on the doormat. The fumbling undoing of the too tight shrink wrap. Then the first insertion into the machine and following the lyrics in the booklet as the music plays. Then the replaying of my immediate favourites. Finally putting the CD in its place in my collection and standing back to see how that collection has expanded. My love for some albums may fade but forever they'll stay (in my collection).

  • Like 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, this creates a window for the oft discussed Cumbrian tight throat singing album.

 

Perhaps the holy grail of a joint venture with Skel Nonch and Erk Drey?

 

That would alleviate some of the misery of 2020.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was from the NME in October 2011. I'm sure comicbookresources.com would be the first place Bruce / JLM/ Sony / Shorefire would think of for posting a press release!

 

Bruce Springsteen is said to be releasing a new album called ’Arcade At Night’ on November 8, according to a press release that was posted on comicbookresources.com.

The press release reveals that Springsteen recorded the album with the founding members of the E Street Band, including Steven Van Zandt, David Sancious and Roy Bittan.

The record is said to feature 12 new songs, in addition to a bonus track titled ’Bigger Than Life’, written in memory of the band’s saxophonist, Clarence Clemons. The supposed statement cites that Clemons passed away in June 2010, but he actually died in June 2011 from a stroke, which adds doubt to the validity of the press release.

The statement continues to reveal that the Ron Aniello-produced album was recorded at Thrill Hill Recording in Colts Neck, New Jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Old English Town said:

I was firmly in favour of Tracks 2 coming this year rather than a new album, simply because I was drooling at the thought of all that material suddenly being out there in the public domain officially. It's been a long, long drought, as someone once sung, and now the rain's pouring down on our roof. But I can sort of see that it makes sense to do the new stuff this year and the box next, because sadly it doesn't seem like the band is going to be playing this material to us live for quite some time yet. The rain can pour down on my roof next year. However if it is aimed at being relevant at the time of the election then surely a new album needs to come out earlier than the previously hinted at dates in November. The election will be done and dusted by then.

So how about JLM and Sony "do a Taylor Swift" and release a new E Street Band overnight, online, with physical copies to follow. It will prove they aren't still using the business model that worked for them in the 1980s. I hope that it is a new rock album, and not something Bruce has recorded solo acoustic while in lockdown in the last months. Whilst some of his best work has been the narrative songs of the Nebraska and Joad records, personally my eyes don't light up right now at the prospect of another album of "Balboa Park" type material. The time for that may come. But right now, after all that this year has brought, I'd really, really like some rock and roll, whether it's a call to arms and to vote or just to party before the end of the world.

as much as i adore Joad and Nebraska and i would love a hauntingly stark beautiful solo record i too need a loud noisy guitar heavy  band record 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So, this creates a window for the oft discussed Cumbrian tight throat singing album.

 

Perhaps the holy grail of a joint venture with Skel Nonch and Erk Drey?

 

That would alleviate some of the misery of 2020.

may i please have an example of Cumbrian tight throat singing :lol:

- to exband my  knowledge base 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2020 at 6:54 PM, Bosstralian said:

Given the days are getting longer here and this week the first signs of spring are in the air as we break 20 degrees Celsius for the first time in months, are you saying the new album will only be released in the northern hemisphere?

I think folks in the Southern Hemisphere will be able to get a digital download but a physical copy will be a little while.  It was discovered too late to master and produce one that spins the correct direction down there.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 11 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...