Greasy Lake Community

The Boss has left the building

I never started a "new member"-thread when I signed up here some years ago. Well, this is my farewell thread. No hard feelings behind me leaving. No warnings from the mods.  I read the PSA-thread about the rules here ("It's understandable that you don't agree with all moderator decisions or that you can't accept the terms. I respect that 100%. But the consequence you must draw is to either live with it or leave.") and decided I have had enough. Thank you and best of luck, everyone!

• Like 4
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Sad 20
1 hour ago, TheBoss said:

I never started a "new member"-thread when I signed up here some years ago. Well, this is my farewell thread. No hard feelings behind me leaving. No warnings from the mods.  I read the PSA-thread about the rules here ("It's understandable that you don't agree with all moderator decisions or that you can't accept the terms. I respect that 100%. But the consequence you must draw is to either live with it or leave.") and decided I have had enough. Thank you and best of luck, everyone!

• Like 2
8 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Maybe everything that dies someday comes back

I hope so

@TheBoss best of luck to you

Stay safe out there 

And we will always be happy to welcome you back if you ever want to pop back in further on up the road

2 hours ago, Jertucky said:

Smart to not burn any bridges on the way out. Something might knock you down you don’t even see coming, then you’ll be crawling like a baby back home.

Not quite how I'd word it :lol:

But everybody who desides to go elsewhere to do their  Bruuuuuuuuuceing know that you still have freinds here who will welcome you back when the time is right for you to pop back in to say hello

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

I will repeat this in some fashion for any choosing to leave. I do not know you IRL or even particularly well here, but I value your participation in any form and wish it would continue. I despair at the polarization that has infected us.

• Like 8
  • Love Love Love! 1

Honestly, I've tried BTX , to hard to follow. There are threads on their main board and politic forums that have went on for years. 

I remember when I first joined BTX, I started to respond to a topic and before I was done typing 15 responses were ahead of me. And my response was obsolete. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I remember when I first joined BTX, I started to respond to a topic and before I was done typing 15 responses were ahead of me. And my response was obsolete. 

My responses on GL are usually obsolete, but that is all due to the author.;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, badlands78 said:

This is a good time for everyone to start stockpiling fake user names (from multiple IP addresses) to enable these heroic exits and inevitable returns to GL.

Even though you don't drive a Jeep anymore your still the best !

• Hug 1
49 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Wow.....I have had some health issues for the last 45 days so I haven't been on too much......what the heck happened :(

I hope your on the mend ENJ 

• Thanks 1
54 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Wow.....I have had some health issues for the last 45 days so I haven't been on too much......what the heck happened :(

Hope all is better, or getting there. Nothing to see here, move along ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Early North Jersey said:

Sorry to hear.  Wishing you all the best. xo 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Honestly, I've tried BTX , to hard to follow. There are threads on their main board and politic forums that have went on for years. 

It’s different now. I joined over 12 years ago after a year or so of lurking and, to be honest, I think NS81 broke a lot of people down. 

7 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

:lol:

Sounds like setlist visoon durring a tour:D

5 hours ago, Early North Jersey said:

Hope you are feeling better now.

• Like 2