Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2020-2021 NFL Thread

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the season ended now the Eagles at 1-2-1 would host either the Bears or Rams who are both 3-1.

The story continues... now some of @burghfanbeloved Steelers are testing positive too @judyg and @JudgeBrowncampaign for NBC to show the dog show again instead

Posted Images

The Steelers are off to their 1st 3-0 start in a decade.  It is hard to say how impressive that is, or isn't since none of the 3 teams they have beat have a win so far.

The Steelers are off to their 1st 3-0 start in a decade.  It is hard to say how impressive that is, or isn't since none of the 3 teams they have beat have a win so far.

So the Nashville team have closed their facility due to several players testing positive

but they still plan on playing @burghfan Steelers this weekend and  to have 7,000 fans in the stadium

how is that a sensible thing to do?

From an ESPN article.

The NFL announced Tuesday that three Titans players and five team personnel members tested positive for the coronavirus. The three players -- starting nose tackle DaQuan Jones, long-snapper Beau Brinkley and practice squad tight end Tommy Hudson -- have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

There is a 4th player who has tested positive, but not named.

The practice squad guy will have no impact.  Whoever is the emergency long-snapper can fill in, or they could sign somebody, it isn't like there are a lot of plays to learn to be a long-snapper.  The nose tackle will be the biggest loss, but he has played only about 60% of the snaps so for.

I don't remember seeing who the 5 staff members are, just a couple, one of them is a defensive coach who I think also missed last weeks game.

So is it fair for the Titans to play without practice and being short-handed?  If it was known that if the game was postponed and moved to later in the season and everybody would be healthy then that would be the best thing to do.  But nobody can predict that.  If the players were going to miss the game due to injury there wouldn't be a discussion.

The Titans/Steelers game will not be played this week, no word on when it will be made up.  Below is from an ESPN article on what would be the easiest way to get it rescheduled.

The simplest scenario for rescheduling is Week 7 on Oct. 25. That's the Titans' bye week. Pittsburgh is scheduled to play at Baltimore that week, but both the Steelers and Ravens have byes in Week 8, which would allow the NFL to make a change affecting only one other team.

2 hours ago, burghfan said:

I'm kinda surprised that @AMIW hasn't posted about this.  I saw that the Hotlanta Falcons are going to use drones to clean the stadium after games.

@jimct would be asking for a walkover victory like his beloved spurs got when orient came down with covid

2 hours ago, BirdManT said:

Eagles win their first game of the season and take over first place in the NFC East at 1-2-1.

Sad.  Nice seeing the Cowboy's at 1-3.

If the season ended now the Eagles at 1-2-1 would host either the Bears or Rams who are both 3-1.

• Haha 2

The Steelers beat the 4-1 Browns today 38-7.

It looked like OBJ had a tantrum on the sideline.  It was late in the game and I don't think he went back in the game.  I don't know if it was due to the score, his outburst, or a combination.  Mayfield was also pulled.

Big Ben, James Conner, and maybe a couple others were pulled after the Steelers were up 38-7 in the middle of the 4th.

I don't know how impressive the win is since the Steelers almost always beat the teams from Ohio when Ben starts but it was fun to watch.

1 hour ago, burghfan said:

The Steelers beat the 4-1 Browns today 38-7.

It looked like OBJ had a tantrum on the sideline.  It was late in the game and I don't think he went back in the game.  I don't know if it was due to the score, his outburst, or a combination.  Mayfield was also pulled.

Big Ben, James Conner, and maybe a couple others were pulled after the Steelers were up 38-7 in the middle of the 4th.

I don't know how impressive the win is since the Steelers almost always beat the teams from Ohio when Ben starts but it was fun to watch.

First full game I've watch so far this. Steelers look very solid. 

The day started with 3 teams that were undefeated, Seahawks, Steelers, & Titans, and now there is only 1 left.

The Steelers and Titans played each other so one of them was going to get a loss, unless the game ended in a tie.

The Seahawks had the lead for most of the game, Cardinals tied it up with a field goal at the end of regulation to force OT.  Seahawks won the toss and got the ball, didn't score so the Cardinals had the ball, drove into FG range, and the kicker missed.  Seahawks got the ball back drove to about mid field where Wilson threw a pass that he shouldn't have that was picked off.  Arizona had about a minute left to get in FG range and win the game which they did.

Since the games for Pittsburgh, Seattle, & Tennessee didn't end in a tie I guess there is no need to wonder if they would still be undefeated/unbeaten with a tie on their record.

The Steelers are 6-0 for only the 2nd time in franchise history.  The other time was in 1978.  So until now they were always better in 78.