Greasy Lake Community

The Official 2020-2021 NFL Thread

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only 3 of those playoff wins have come in the last 10 years, so overall his record looks good, but if you look at it as what have you done lately it isn't that great. I can't remember the exact s

If the season ended now the Eagles at 1-2-1 would host either the Bears or Rams who are both 3-1.

Posted Images

On 11/25/2020 at 7:33 PM, AMIW said:

Apparently it’s worse than that @judygand @JudgeBrownhave arranged for several hours of the national dog show to fill the programming gap as it does on Thursday morning ...:(

Congratulations to the Scottish Deerhound.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/us/national-dog-show-2020-trnd/index.html

The Steelers/Ravens game is now back to prime time, it is now scheduled for Tuesday night Dec 1 at 8 PM.

The Ravens next game was supposed to be Thursday Dec 3 and has been moved to Monday Dec 7th.

I'd like to see the Steelers win big against the Ravens at full strength, but since the outbreak started by them not following the protocols I don't think they should get to be at full strength, show them that actions (breaking the rules) have consequences.

4 hours ago, burghfan said:

The Steelers/Ravens game is now back to prime time, it is now scheduled for Tuesday night Dec 1 at 8 PM.

The Ravens next game was supposed to be Thursday Dec 3 and has been moved to Monday Dec 7th.

I'd like to see the Steelers win big against the Ravens at full strength, but since the outbreak started by them not following the protocols I don't think they should get to be at full strength, show them that actions (breaking the rules) have consequences.

The game should have been played as scheduled or it should have been a Ravens forfeit.  Now the Steelers are forced into a really short week for their next game.  The league continues to give them the short end of the stick as they get penalized for other teams issues.  I thought the expanded rosters and practice squads were supposed to address these situations.

1 hour ago, gsquare said:

The game should have been played as scheduled or it should have been a Ravens forfeit.  Now the Steelers are forced into a really short week for their next game.  The league continues to give them the short end of the stick as they get penalized for other teams issues.  I thought the expanded rosters and practice squads were supposed to address these situations.

I saw that if the game isn't played on Tuesday that the NFL might create a week 18 and move it there.  If that does happen I hope that any Raven that could not play in the game on any of the 1st 3 dates it was scheduled is forced to sit out the new date.

One bad thing I can see if the Ravens forfeit the game is that no players will be paid.  I say fine the Ravens what the Steeler players lost in the game check and give them the $$ so the Steeler players don't lose a check due to no fault of their own.  that is probably not allowed per CBA rules, and may be illegal, but that is what I would do if in charge.

47 minutes ago, AMIW said:

And jbs 49ers don’t know the way to San Jose after the county banned their sport and also the sharks at the legendary San Jose arena:(

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30408401/contact-sports-ban-leaves-san-francisco-49ers-other-bay-area-teams-limbo

Remind me.  Was there anything memorable about the San Jose show you saw?

19 hours ago, JudgeBrown said:

The Broncos have no available QBs.

And apparently they didn’t start their named Qb 5th choice) using another player instead and used 3 different players in the first drive

The Houston Texans at 4-7 are 4 games back in the AFC South.

The Denver Broncos at 4-7 are 6 games back in the AFC West.

The Detroit Lions at 4-7 are 3 1/2 games back in the NFC Central.  That will go up or down a half game since 1st place Green Bay is playing on Sunday Night Football.

The Atlanta Falcons at 4-7 are 5 games back in the NFC South.

The New York Football Giants at 4-7 are in 1st place in the NFC East.

• Haha 1

The Steelers and Ravens are now scheduled to play Wednesday at 3:40 PM.  The odd kickoff time is because NBC is scheduled to broadcast the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting and wanted to honor the commitment.

4 minutes ago, AMIW said:

@burghfan beloved Steelers game now we’d at 340pm when people at work....

can’t be on in prime time as nbc are showing the mangy tree lighting

what a joke bumped by dog shows and tree lighting now 

Beat me to it, was typeing my post in when you posted.

I just hope that when (if?) they do play the game that any Ravens that were on the virus list for any of the cancelled dates aren't allowed to play on the makeup date.  If you are the ones who didn't follow the protocols and caused the delays you shouldn't benefit from them.  If the NFL can have Denver play without a real QB then Baltimore can play with the 38 players they have active on the 53 man roster.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, burghfan said:

The Steelers and Ravens are now scheduled to play Wednesday at 3:40 PM.  The odd kickoff time is because NBC is scheduled to broadcast the lighting of the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting and wanted to honor the commitment.

Next thing you know, they'll be showing a Shirley Temple flick in lieu of football.

Just now, Jimmy James said:

Next thing you know, they'll be showing a Shirley Temple flick in lieu of football.

The Heidi game came to mind when I saw the reason for the weird kickoff time.  I don't know what time the tree lighting is but I don't want to see the game go to OT then have NBC switch to the tree ceremony.

3 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Fans of dr Phil, ellen, wheel of fortune and jeopardy already upset that yankeeball has replaced regular programming

In Pittsburgh the NBC station has Jeopardy at 7 and WoF at 7:30, game should be over in time for Jeopardy.