Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Apparently Thursday (Sept. 10) is also the day he's speaking at Boston College: https://www.boston.com/culture/local-news/2020/09/08/bruce-springsteen-boston-college-address

Wonder if that's where the 9/10 date came from if these are indeed rumors, or if there actually will be a new album announcement that date as well?

Doesn’t seem a natural place to announce new work though I’d have thought??

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Doesn’t seem a natural place to announce new work though I’d have thought??

I was thinking maybe if there's a new single released Thursday, the Boston College speech would be a good place to use the new song as "walk in music" so to speak to give it a little exposure? I don't know.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

I was thinking maybe if there's a new single released Thursday, the Boston College speech would be a good place to use the new song as "walk in music" so to speak to give it a little exposure? I don't know.

A glass half full kind of fan :)

11 hours ago, Promise61 said:

"There's a storm front coming,

White water running

There's a storm front coming

And the pressure is low"

"Small craft warning on the radio"

I absolutely love that song.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, JosFraKit said:

luckytwn, a BTX poster who is actually in the know - says you are wrong. 

Really? That´s not my interpretation at all:

"We never said anything about a song called The House Is On Fire. We have not mentioned any titles anywhere. Just FYI."

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Eileen said:

I heard it from the fella on the bacon counter at Morrisons yesterday.

It's coming ...

Tibby whispered it in my ear - he heard it from some fluffy broad down the cat colony next street over

She heard it through the cat door of the old bloke who lives at #17

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

not sure who this person is but we'll see. i hope im not wrong.....the person who is telling me this has been very reliable in the past so i have no reason to doubt them

To be fair, I don't think luckytwn has suggested you are wrong, he just said that he himself hasn't mentioned any song/album titles.

26 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

not sure who this person is but we'll see. i hope im not wrong.....the person who is telling me this has been very reliable in the past so i have no reason to doubt them

I shall be the first to tip my hat and apologise for my scepticism if true.

18 hours ago, Promise61 said:

"There's a storm front coming,

White water running

There's a storm front coming

And the pressure is low"

"Viking, North Utsire, Forties, Cromarty; West or northwest 5 to 7, decreasing mainly 4 later. Slight or moderate in west, otherwise moderate or rough. Showers. Good."

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 3