Greasy Lake Community

15 minutes ago, gaityr said:

I love this shot and wish they hadn't cropped the album cover so close to his face! Should have kept more of the background in.

The cover should have been the picture as is with "letter to you" over Bruce's left shoulder. (His left, our right)

• Like 1
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

House of a Thousand Guitars, seems to be a song I'll enjoy.

I can already see Bruce, Steve and Nils on the edge of the stage trading leads.

Pretty sure I will like it with 1 caveat, that being that Patti isn't playing one of the guitars.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, lilbud said:

The cover should have been the picture as is with "letter to you" over Bruce's left shoulder. (His left, our right)

Like this: (ITS IN THE IMAGE, BUT HERE AS WELL. THIS IS A FAKE IMAGE MADE BY LILBUD)

image.png.181539222d6fd0a725192cd247fa0fd2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Some awful song titles in there, if true.

I'm amazed that there are three ancient songs on there.  If true, it proves what we thought, that Bruce hit the wall many years ago. In effect, the album would then be HH2.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, VABOSSFAN said:

Love Nils answer here.....

FB87C162-A0EF-4AE2-9F69-0222AC7319F4.thumb.jpeg.47dac13c5cd87135c44bdd16378f5dd2.jpeg

So, apparently Nils is pissed off because he wasn't asked to add backing vocals to the 'Return to Sender' cover track. ;)

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

My first time hearing that version - I really like it. I'm not even sure if I've ever heard the original version.

Here's the original version.

I always liked it - but it belongs on Tracks 2, not on a new studio album!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, CrushOnOutlawPete said:

Well I'll be damned. I only just heard about any of this. Howdy gang. Howdy @Daisey Jeep. Good to show up here again.

Time to kill you all with my relentless optimism. Sorry.

High Hopes is an excellent album. .

I stopped reading at this point. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Just surmizing like everyone else

But maybe as he was working on tracks 2 he came across these old songs and thought they fit the theme of the new album 

The suggestions I'd heard about Tracks 2 was that it was probably post-1987 material (and probably complete unreleased albums) so these songs in their original form wouldn't have made the cut as they predated that era.

Song for Orphans with Roy on piano? Fine by me.

• Like 1