4) The Storm

5) As Good As Gold

6) Tooth and Nail

7) Between Heaven and Earth

8) Nancy's Bar

9) The Mask Unveiled

10) Parasite

11) 

Hmm. Where are the bright, sunny day titles? WS was very downbeat lyrically, so let's not go there again.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Hmm. Where are the bright, sunny day titles? WS was very downbeat lyrically, so let's not go there again.

Did you listen to his Home to Home show earlier today? Very depressing stuff there. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Did you listen to his Home to Home show earlier today? Very depressing stuff there. 

Nah. Not listened to any of them. I do check the song lists though.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Nah. Not listened to any of them. I do check the song lists though.

Good for you. I was looking for a uplifting show for workers and all we got was how the worker is being abused. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Having the old Columbia logo on the front cover doesn't ring true at all

image.png.45b4aaa0c911d7bfaa8a2623f46c3977.png

So let us see here, the Darkness font and the WOAD font on top of a background image that has reverse image hits on various blogs.

Oh yeah, and the old Columbia logo. So this is bullshit

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lilbud said:

So let us see here, the Darkness font and the WOAD font on top of a background image that has reverse image hits on various blogs.

Oh yeah, and the old Columbia logo. So this is bullshit

Shame really, I rather like it :P

Based on no actual information but only wild speculation, a naturally pessimistic tendency and the desire to avoid disappointment, I predict the new release will be one of the following:

1. A 25th anniversary version of Greatest Hits, updated with his best songs of the 21st century.

2. A compilation of the best of 'from my home to yours' with Idiot's Delight released as a single.

3. An instrumental album with extended versions of the backing score to Western Stars and Hunter films.

You heard it here first ;)

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Remember how we all wet ourselves laughing at the rumour that Bruce was going to release a song called 'Death To My Hometown'?

It seems, longer ago, the title Girls In Their Summer Clothes was met with some disbelief...

Edit: I remember when I saw the track list for Devils & Dust -on either Backstreets or Be True, or both-  and seeing 'Jesus was an only son', I thought something like 'what?'. From the same album, from the title 'Reno' you could really not know what the song is about (even if the song is not about '250 dollars up the...' but about the other woman). 

• Like 2

I don’t yet believe that the rumoured track listing is correct, nor the cover, but I do expect a new Bruce album announcement - what with the None But the Brave podcast finale talk, the US election, Patti’s Rolling Stone article (saying she can’t get in the studio because Bruce has been busy), and now this new rumour - it is all making me very hopeful..!

• Bruuuuce! 1
2 minutes ago, Nicholas said:

As always, I want to believe that something is brewing. But I also fell for "Arcade at Night" years ago...

https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteen-139-1273429

I really need to dig up the artwork I made for this in 2008. Once you see it I really don’t know how anyone could believe it’s real. 

'The House Is On Fire'  seems so obviously a title for a song about the current 'state of the nation'  -and more in general, the current state of the world, the current state of Planet Earth- that it seems too obvious too be true (apart from all the other doubts already raised in this topic).

• Like 2