Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Kind of hope there’s no covers on there but am just happy to hear some new Bruce. 

Seen some social media descriptions of the lead single being pretty lively. 

Agree with you about covers. Just don't see the point of Bruce doing them and putting them on an album when he has so many of his own songs. There were a couple of decent ones on High Hopes, but that was a bit of a hotch potch of a record anyway. Really hope there are none on LFY. Like you I am just happy it looks like we are going to get a new record from Bruce this year.

44 minutes ago, Old English Town said:

The suggestions I'd heard about Tracks 2 was that it was probably post-1987 material (and probably complete unreleased albums) so these songs in their original form wouldn't have made the cut as they predated that era.

Song for Orphans with Roy on piano? Fine by me.

What about Chevrolet delux :o and all the other stuff that JLM left off when tracks was cut back from 6 disks to 4 ? :(:angry:

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Was really hoping for an album of completely new songs but still very excited about what we have coming. 

Definitely agree with you - I was just desperate to hear Bruce’s take on the world today, so any old songs or cover versions will come as a (very) minor disappointment. Still excited to get anything, though!

It does appear to be a rag bag of old songs re recorded and maybe cover versions. High Hopes vol 2 indeed. 

That record had a couple of high spots but how many people pull the CD off the shelf for a listen, or make it a go to on Spotify. Hunter of Invisible Game anyone? 

No judgement from me in advance of hearing a single note from Letter To You, but I have High Hopes, and I don't have high hopes. 

• Like 1

High Hopes is crap because of the quality of songs not the concept.

I was really hoping for “current” Bruce (although nothing to say there aren’t new songs on this release).

Sure there will be a few gems on here regardless.

Outside of the 3 known tracks I don’t think I’ve seen reference anywhere on the rest?? 

53 minutes ago, driveallnight89 said:

So we are looking at 9 brand new songs and 3 old ones including Song for Orphans which is one of my favourite Bruce songs. This is such awesome news!

I am not fused about adding old songs especially when we know how good they are.

Even as far back as The Rising we have old songs on albums that fit the mood and theme.

We don't know if the other nine are brand new.  The songs on Western Stars and High Hopes were all old songs at the time of release.

I'm interested to know if the album contains any newly written songs. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

High Hopes is crap because of the quality of songs not the concept.

I was really hoping for “current” Bruce (although nothing to say there aren’t new songs on this release).

Sure there will be a few gems on here regardless.

Outside of the 3 known tracks I don’t think I’ve seen reference anywhere on the rest?? 

As my mate Proth pointed out, Bruce uses the expression 'house/land of a thousand guitars' in an interview at his home around the time of WS.

17 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Definitely agree with you - I was just desperate to hear Bruce’s take on the world today, so any old songs or cover versions will come as a (very) minor disappointment. Still excited to get anything, though!

I'll put on CNN if I want to see the world as it is today.

I'd rather my Bruce album was a twelve string guitar, major chord, big chorus, loud, life affirming festival.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

I'll put on CNN if I want to see the world as it is today.

I'd rather my Bruce album was a twelve string guitar, major chord, big chorus, loud, life affirming festival.

Oh I agree, I have seen some people suggest that the new album could be an ode to Bruce’s old Jersey Shore days, which would be fantastic. I’m a big album person and I love an album with a theme running throughout, which Bruce is fantastic for - given that Magic is one of my favourite albums, I was really excited for a follow up of sorts, I guess. So long as we get a coherent album, as opposed to something like High Hopes (which felt like a playlist of forgotten songs - many of which I love, but just didn’t feel like an album to me) I’ll be over the moon!

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, janeymarywendy said:

@JustDan, remember you posted this album cover a few months ago on another thread? Similarities? :)

image.thumb.png.e5d32682083f986083cbe80db68215d9.png

I'll get me coat ...

Aw, immediately reminded of the late and lovely Suze Rotolo with Bob on the cover of Freewheelin'.

• Like 4