Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The thought of an album of new songs from Bruce Springsteen & The E street band is a great feeling. An anticipation which doesn’t come along too often but always special when it does. Bring it on!

Slagging off an album before it's been officially announced. Is this a new record for the earliest ever?   

Letter To You is Bruce Springsteen’s new studio album with the E Street Band, and is a rock album fueled by the band's heart-stopping, house-rocking signature sound. Recorded at his home studio in New

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’m still thinking this is a slice of the rumoured multi disc Tracks 2 boxset.

Absolutely nowt to back that up. I just feel like saying it. 

Maybe we get first one cd and later round Christmas the big boxset. Something like 18 tracks album and the big Tracks box. And to make sure we buy both the single cd include some songs that are excluded from the big boxset. 

• Like 2

If this is the correct track list for the new album, it wouldn’t surprise me if “Orphans” was an edited, rewritten version of the original 70’s track.

The opening lines are so relevant to what’s happening in the states at the moment (“The multitudes assembled, trying to find a voice”), but the rest of the track is so “wordy” it doesn’t suit Bruce’s more concise style of writing thats developed over the last 20years or so.

Its purely a guess, nothing more, but Bruce does have a history of occasionally taking inspiration from earlier tunes to write something that’s more relevant to him now.

Possibly also “Jeannie” given the “Murder Incorporated” treatment?

On the other hand, maybe I’m just rambling!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Maybe we get first one cd and later round Christmas the big boxset. Something like 18 tracks album and the big Tracks box. And to make sure we buy both the single cd include some songs that are excluded from the big boxset. 

Well thats not so bad - the 18 tracks-like release coming out first like a teaser rather than after 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

But before I go, I'll just add that If I Were The Priest by Allan Clarke is a fabulous cover (providing we're talking about the same song as If I WAS The Priest :)).

Yes, Allan Clarke was a big early supporter of Bruce recording this, Blinded By The Light and Born To Run solo, as well as Sandy with the Hollies.

https://www.ratherrarerecords.com/allan-clarke-springsteen-trailblazer-part-6-bruce-springsteen-ever-blinded-light/

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

Yes.  If true, the album is coming out in Sept.  That still leaves room for a box set release two months later in November in time for Christmas.

4 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Yes, Allan Clarke was a big early supporter of Bruce recording this, Blinded By The Light and Born To Run solo, as well as Sandy with the Hollies.

https://www.ratherrarerecords.com/allan-clarke-springsteen-trailblazer-part-6-bruce-springsteen-ever-blinded-light/

Born To Run is pretty shite though.

48 minutes ago, walk like brando said:

If this is the correct track list for the new album, it wouldn’t surprise me if “Orphans” was an edited, rewritten version of the original 70’s track.

The opening lines are so relevant to what’s happening in the states at the moment (“The multitudes assembled, trying to find a voice”), but the rest of the track is so “wordy” it doesn’t suit Bruce’s more concise style of writing thats developed over the last 20years or so.

Its purely a guess, nothing more, but Bruce does have a history of occasionally taking inspiration from earlier tunes to write something that’s more relevant to him now.

Possibly also “Jeannie” given the “Murder Incorporated” treatment?

On the other hand, maybe I’m just rambling!

Not forgetting that there are actually two Bruce 'Jeannies',  both very different.

Would prefer it to have been fewer songs, all new and written by Bruce. An album of 9 songs would be fine. Agree that the old songs even if reworked would have fit better on a Tracks 2 release than a new studio album (if indeed this is intended to be) but still excited for the press release later which should explain the context. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Would prefer it to have been fewer songs, all new and written by Bruce. An album of 9 songs would be fine. Agree that the old songs even if reworked would have fit better on a Tracks 2 release than a new studio album (if indeed this is intended to be) but still excited for the press release later which should explain the context. 

Absolutely this. Bruce just spent nearly 10 years crafting Western Stars which is a masterpiece to me. I was left pretty cold by Wrecking Ball because of the amount of old material on it. Just release an EP Bruce or a tracks CD.

I hope that the tracks CD and this new release are getting conflated and that this will all be new material 

6 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Tracklisting confirmed by Apple Music, release date 23rd October

Disappointing there is old stuff on it. Real shame especially after Western Stars

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, driveallnight89 said:

That was brilliant that’s a band song!!!

Suppose I am comparing to western stars which was a cut above the rest. Genius . This just sounds like cookie cutter dad rock.