Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

New Album Rumor Thread?


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I’m still thinking this is a slice of the rumoured multi disc Tracks 2 boxset.

Absolutely nowt to back that up. I just feel like saying it. 

Maybe we get first one cd and later round Christmas the big boxset. Something like 18 tracks album and the big Tracks box. And to make sure we buy both the single cd include some songs that are excluded from the big boxset. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If this is the correct track list for the new album, it wouldn’t surprise me if “Orphans” was an edited, rewritten version of the original 70’s track.

The opening lines are so relevant to what’s happening in the states at the moment (“The multitudes assembled, trying to find a voice”), but the rest of the track is so “wordy” it doesn’t suit Bruce’s more concise style of writing thats developed over the last 20years or so.

Its purely a guess, nothing more, but Bruce does have a history of occasionally taking inspiration from earlier tunes to write something that’s more relevant to him now.

Possibly also “Jeannie” given the “Murder Incorporated” treatment?

On the other hand, maybe I’m just rambling!


 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Maybe we get first one cd and later round Christmas the big boxset. Something like 18 tracks album and the big Tracks box. And to make sure we buy both the single cd include some songs that are excluded from the big boxset. 

Well thats not so bad - the 18 tracks-like release coming out first like a teaser rather than after 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, janeymarywendy said:

But before I go, I'll just add that If I Were The Priest by Allan Clarke is a fabulous cover (providing we're talking about the same song as If I WAS The Priest :)).

Yes, Allan Clarke was a big early supporter of Bruce recording this, Blinded By The Light and Born To Run solo, as well as Sandy with the Hollies.

https://www.ratherrarerecords.com/allan-clarke-springsteen-trailblazer-part-6-bruce-springsteen-ever-blinded-light/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Marnix said:

Maybe we get first one cd and later round Christmas the big boxset. Something like 18 tracks album and the big Tracks box. And to make sure we buy both the single cd include some songs that are excluded from the big boxset. 

Yes.  If true, the album is coming out in Sept.  That still leaves room for a box set release two months later in November in time for Christmas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Yes, Allan Clarke was a big early supporter of Bruce recording this, Blinded By The Light and Born To Run solo, as well as Sandy with the Hollies.

https://www.ratherrarerecords.com/allan-clarke-springsteen-trailblazer-part-6-bruce-springsteen-ever-blinded-light/

Born To Run is pretty shite though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, walk like brando said:

If this is the correct track list for the new album, it wouldn’t surprise me if “Orphans” was an edited, rewritten version of the original 70’s track.

The opening lines are so relevant to what’s happening in the states at the moment (“The multitudes assembled, trying to find a voice”), but the rest of the track is so “wordy” it doesn’t suit Bruce’s more concise style of writing thats developed over the last 20years or so.

Its purely a guess, nothing more, but Bruce does have a history of occasionally taking inspiration from earlier tunes to write something that’s more relevant to him now.

Possibly also “Jeannie” given the “Murder Incorporated” treatment?

On the other hand, maybe I’m just rambling!


 

 

Not forgetting that there are actually two Bruce 'Jeannies',  both very different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would prefer it to have been fewer songs, all new and written by Bruce. An album of 9 songs would be fine. Agree that the old songs even if reworked would have fit better on a Tracks 2 release than a new studio album (if indeed this is intended to be) but still excited for the press release later which should explain the context. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Would prefer it to have been fewer songs, all new and written by Bruce. An album of 9 songs would be fine. Agree that the old songs even if reworked would have fit better on a Tracks 2 release than a new studio album (if indeed this is intended to be) but still excited for the press release later which should explain the context. 

Absolutely this. Bruce just spent nearly 10 years crafting Western Stars which is a masterpiece to me. I was left pretty cold by Wrecking Ball because of the amount of old material on it. Just release an EP Bruce or a tracks CD.

I hope that the tracks CD and this new release are getting conflated and that this will all be new material 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, driveallnight89 said:

That was brilliant that’s a band song!!!

Suppose I am comparing to western stars which was a cut above the rest. Genius . This just sounds like cookie cutter dad rock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...